or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

Unless it's an ad for the Xoom. 
  Why should Apple pay U.S. taxes on money it made by selling products overseas through it's overseas offices that have employees overseas? Who's the greedy one? It's not like Apple is shipping products from Cupertino over to France. They have corporate offices, warehouses, supply chains, etc. in France, etc. Money is made there and stays there.   And it's not illegal. Apple has IRS agents pretty much stationed in their offices and are pretty much audited round the clock....
  It wouldn't have mattered if Cook et. al. were there or not, pretty sure Levin would have just talked anyway. That's basically what he did: ask (himself) questions, answer them (himself), rinse, and repeat.
This is false and you clearly have poor comprehension.   Apple does not funnel money that it earns out of the U.S., unless you are accusing them of lying to Congress. They earn money overseas in Eurasia in KEEP it there; Congress wants them to pay taxes on those earnings too.   What Congress is accusing them of is funneling the ECONOMIC RIGHTS on the intellectual property overseas to Ireland, which is totally different but SOUNDS illegal (it's not).
  Technically, states can only collect SALES tax on sales made inside their jurisdiction IF the seller and buyer are located in the same state at the time of the transaction (taking delivery) AND the state can prove the seller has nexus (i.e. an office or representative physically located in the state).    Obviously, these laws were written back when that's how pretty much ALL transactions took place (the buyer and seller being in the same physical location); mail-order...
Not relevant to the discussion, but every time that nervous looking guy with the glasses and forehead glare/flop sweat speaks I want to use his name and shout "BULLOCKS!!!".   Not that I disagree with him, and he seems far more intelligent than the Mr. Johnson doing the (dumb) questioning.   How much is Congress paying Cook for this? I'm pretty sure an hour of his time is worth a pretty penny, and that's just for coffee. Fair is fair, and the market has already...
  Considering the Government is "by the people, for the people", perhaps the real problem, is, well... people.   As a whole, people are stupid and shortsighted. Name any type of government created by people that has ever been successful (not just militarily or culturally, but morally, uncorrupt, etc.) in history.   ...
  That's some bold "truth" there, with little in the way of facts to back it up.   The "truth" is that the report is designed to CHANGE the tax laws, seeing as how Apple et. al. are following the letter of the law while perhaps ignoring the spirit. If you're following the letter of the law, it's technically not illegal, although you could argue that it's morally wrong. You'll notice the report doesn't use terms like "tax evasion"; instead, it is designed to cause a moral...
  GalaxyOS.   "Tizen" is just a codename.    People don't by Android phones, they buy Samsung phones. They may use Google's services, but you can bet these will be supported, just like the iPhone supports them. Customer's won't know the difference, and Samsung controls its own destiny.   If I was a betting man, I'd wager that the next flagship Galaxy S5 release not only has no mention of Android, but highlights the new "Galaxy OS". 
Sorry, but this post is trash and strikes of someone who doesn't understand how business and the markets work.Google's acquisition of Motorola has thus far been an unmitigated disaster, and you can't include that as a reason why Google has seen its value increase; that's based off of its core services, not anything Motorola related.Second, the P/E ratio Google is trading at is unlikely to be sustainable; the market seems to keep thinking that Android and Google by...