or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

Apple didn't announce 4S figures last year. They were probably no higher on launch weekend than any other time in the quarter, so you can likely figure out how many were sold in 3 days. Probably not nearly enough to significantly change the comparison.
The 5C will likely be huge around the holidays and carriers will likely offer deals mid cycle. I think, overtime, the 5C will become the most popular iPhone, as it caters to a wider market. I mean, if you're getting a subsidized smartphone, why wouldn't you pay $99 and get an an iPhone? Or the 4S which is free.
Link? I want to read and then gloat, in that order.
Dan Lyons? Lol.
 A 4 digit password is weak if there is no limit to the number of attempts. It doesn't take that long to brute force it, or guess common strings. If you have an uncommon string and enable, say, only 10 entries before the device is wiped, then yes, it's pretty secure. TouchID only allows 5 attempts before switching to password entry. Nearly impossible to brute force 1:50,0000 odds when you only have 5 attempts. You'd have to be very, very, lucky. Which means the method...
 How is your fingerprint compromised? It's not an image, it's data. Please create a scenario where your "fingerprint" being compromised would cause disaster.
Sell your 4S now while it still has value.
Love this commercial. Contrary to the article's spin, there is no mention of plastic in the ad. It's all about how... delicious the phone looks.
 I would imagine it will at LEAST get iOS 8. It is(will be) shipping with iOS 7.  And it will be a big seller in emerging markets at only $450, which is conveniently the price analysts were expecting. 
If you're not an early adopter and you want an iPhone, why wouldn't you get the 5C? This will be HUGE in subsidized countries. There's still room for growth in the U.S... a lot of people are still buying cheap smartphones. The 5C will be MAX of $99 on contract, $0 down at T-Mobile, and will be discounted heavily for various promotions.    Apple will also be able to mass produce these better.