or Connect

Posts by Sol77

If you wanted a hug you could have just asked.
 Ah, nice. I hadn't thought it all the way through. Still...lighter than it sounds.
I wasn't a fan of his snark, but your question about how to hold it prompted an interesting thought. I own the iPad air...we all know it's extremely light. One pound. I'm not well versed in technology, but I'd imagine if one cut the iPad Air in half and added that half to a complete iPad Air,  you'd end up with a device that is, in fact, bigger than a hypothetical 13inch device, weighing exactly 1 ounce more than the iPad fourth generation (which weighs 20 ounces, I...
I can't see the utility in a smart watch no matter how hard I try. I'm open to ideas...actively looking for them, but I just can't see it. What could I possibly gain from a smart watch or even an exercise band?   - Tell me how many steps I took? This is gimmicky. I don't need to know this to run at a certain speed for twenty minutes, or to lift weights (I'm a lifetime runner/ex-collegiate athlete). Fitness is monitored by what exercise you do and when you do it....
 This. I don't understand the push for touch screen desktops or "convergence." It is exhausting to use a touch screen on a desktop. Where previously I could move a mouse mere millimeters I now have to extend my entire arm. It's silly. Now, I could see at some future point it being useful to have a few touch-enabled elements on a computer...maybe assign my iphone to the left "side" such that if I swipe the screen to the left it "passes" the website/pages/document directly...
 Two people not liking a product advertised to hundreds of millions is "anecdotal evidence"....of what? The Anthropic Principle: familiarize yourself with this concept.     A quandary...over a few native apps with new colors and translucence effects? Are you going to be okay?
 Your argument is that people aged 30 to 50 are going to switch mobile platforms...because of a color scheme?
  Neither are movies, but they're in the "iTunes" store. More, a podcast is not video...it's audio.  I'm not arguing that he's right, but I do argue that he isn't wrong for THAT reason. It might be useful to have them in a different place...but according to your reasoning, should they create an entirely separate app for audio books? And a radio isn't a playlist or an album...but it's on the same tab menu in the music app. But why the needless complication? It's audio. Use...
 My issue with the whole sports watch thing is...why the touch screen? Don't get me wrong, I'd love a device that counts my reps, takes my blood pressure, tells me my bmi and my heart rate...but some of that is sci fi for right now. What's more, most people I know who are serious athletes (and would therefore enjoy spending over $200 for equipment/tech) would have no need for these measurements. Progress is usually measured in weight lifted, pounds dropped, bmi, number of...