or Connect

Posts by Sol77

I keep reading "rumors" about a "low cost" iphone.  Is there a utility in producing a "low cost" iphone when the previous models do just fine?  Am I missing something, or are the proponents of a low cost phone missing something?  Could somebody offer a sentence or more about that?   
I think the phone ratio is well suited to quick checking and perusing of updates, emails, texts, and quick browsing.  Have you had a chance to hold the Microsoft Surface yet?  It was incredibly awkward, and I never, ever want to browse the web on a vertical screen of those dimensions.  I wonder if some of the choice for the iPad size is related to weight and balance?  It certainly feels better to me in the hand than the Surface.
I agree somewhat and am open to agreeing completely, but for the time being I'm an iPad 2 owner who switched from an iphone to a Note 2 (not because it is better but because I prefer it for subjective reasons).  I read very heavily, and one thing the Note 2 offers me is a screen size that simulates a paperback book very well.  I did read on the iPhone4 and 4S, but not nearly as much.  Since day one with the Note 2, I've been turning to it for all my browsing rather than...
Wait, what?    So the argument is, "there are fewer phablets, therefore fewer connected devices, therefore it's a fad."  Huh?  Um...okay.  So are small phones fads, too?  Looks that way...they've been around a lot longer than phablets and have numbers almost as low.    But how do you get "fad" information from this?  A fad would indicate sudden, then declining interest over time.  Is the percentage of phablet owners connected less than the relative percentage of...
Here we go again.  Last time there was a stink about this...what was it, fourteen people committed suicide in a year?  At the time I did some google searching and it took less then five minutes to figure out that 14 people out of one million employees is a better suicide rate than most of the world...including the United States.  In other words, what Apple Insider should be reporting is...   Foxcon achieves one of the lowest suicide rates in the world for every year...
By "physiology" I think he's alluding to the fact that while we can simulate three dimensions by delivering a different image to each eye, what we can't "fix" is the fact that the eye handles depth by focusing and refocusing.  Regardless of how good the illusion is, it is still being shown on a flat surface, which means the eye will always be in some manner of conflict with the image ("conflict" might be too strong a word...just couldn't think of something more...
Exactly what is sexist about this?  I think what is necessary is for you to join a reasonable discussion.  The younger generation has grown up with absurd definitions of sexism and racism.  I could be called a racist if a quote a statistic about a minority that seems unfavorable.  I could be called a sexist for saying, "housewives like to shop for groceries."  How is this sexist?  Do you think it is sexist that military commercials depict three soldiers, two of whom are...
About a paragraph in I realized the author wanted me to pretend I hadn't been reading anything about Apple and Google for the last FIVE YEARS.  Apparently we're doing pep rallies now.  Yay.  Go Apple.  Google SUX.  Yay.  ....Ugh....
How about an app that retrieves vital information from my car, displaying mileage, oil, gas, mileage of last tire change/rotation, mileage of last brake pad change, miles per gallon...I'd enjoy having that information displayed and updated every time I'm within bluetooth range of my car.    How about the ability to assign "hot sides" to the top, bottom, left and right of my phone...so when I'm reading an article, viewing a movie, or in an app, I can have my ipad or...
  I'm not convinced of the eyewear thing, either.  I initially thought, "hey, I've spent the last fifteen years or so playing games like Halo with heads-up displays...wouldn't I find that useful?"  But in a video game you're basically in a virtual cockpit, constantly engaged with immediate variables that require immediate information and feedback...the same isn't true of the average walk-down-the-street scenario.  In fact, the entire purpose of a heads-up display is to...