or Connect

Posts by Sol77

I don't see this happening.  If the only consideration is "the same information instantly available on your wrist instead of in your pocket," then yes, but that's not the only consideration.  The increase in screen size during the last five years is indicative of a general tend towards using the "phone" less as a phone and more as a "mobile device" for consuming and preparing information in a visual and tactile medium.  While this is opinion, I think people inherently...
Such as: "This will be obsolete in 2015 when they release 'Mr. Fusion' technology that runs on trash and beer."   God I love that movie.
Back when I had the iPhone4S I jailbroke it and added an application that allowed me to assign particular functions to swipe gestures.  I assigned "toggle bluetooth" to "swipe up from bottom" and it worked perfectly every single time.  I absolutely loved it.  It allowed me to hop in my jeep, swipe up for automatic connection to my phone/speaker system, and then an identical swipe when I got out of the car.  I understand a little why Apple wouldn't allow swipes from the...
  Atheism isn't a belief system.  The issue with "god" is not that there is a lack of evidence, but rather that "god" is what is known in epistemology as an invalid concept.  It literally doesn't mean anything because its parameters are not defined.  It is not that "there is no evidence," but rather that when someone says "god" he is being incoherent precisely because there is no definition of "god" that qualifies as a non-contradictory delimiting of the term.  Even...
Talking to deities is easier with a 4G connection.  Back in the day we had to rely on that guy down the street who heard voices and tried to kill his son, and you just know he said a few things that probably weren't legit.
"Firmware changes will not take effect until you go to sleep and wake up again."
None taken!  I've got the black "tiktok" band for my nano...https://www.lunatik.com/products/tiktok.  I'm 6'4, so it might be easier for me to pull off a "larger" watch face...but a stroll through the watch section of a random department store in the mall made me realize that many standard watches people wear are much bigger, much more clunky.  As a template for future watches, I think the tictok with the black band looks pretty slick.  Personal preference, though.  If I...
No disrespect taken, but where did you get the idea that I drew conclusions about what Apple should do?  My entire post was about defending the value of larger size screens...when did I assert that Apple should make them?  What I would like and what Apple should do to be successful are two different things.   I have a family.  We don't require phone talks to figure out when to eat dinner. I'm not a fringe case...but my own numbers are certainly in the minority, yes. I'm...
You need to relax, man. Read that sentence again a few times.  It isn't what you think it is...you're fighting the good fight and then you punched me because I looked like the guys you're fighting.  Let's try it again: I want a bigger phone.  Because I love Apple, I want it from them.  But they don't make it.  Ergo, I have to go elsewhere.  You think I'm trying to use a claim of being an apple fan to criticize apple, but what I'm saying is that I want a big phone...and...
Uh...huh..   Right back at you.  What on earth was the point of that?  If there was no point, why communicate it?  I think your dander is up about something else and you're taking a swing at the wrong guy for the wrong reason.  My purpose in saying I'm an apple fan is within the same sentence you took it from: I want a large phone...but I want it from Apple because I'm a fan of Apple's products.  Where on earth is the fallacy there?  You're hyper vigilant because you're...