or Connect

Posts by Sol77

Apple is seeking a profit?!  Thank you for opening my eyes, young Rodent!
    Dude, you make way, way too much sense in your posts.  Does the internet know you're here?
I understand that this is probably a rendering (deferring to many of you who seem to know what you're talking about).  Question, though...I don't see many, if any, posts regarding the black trim.  Are "you guys" generally okay with that?  I personally love the look of the iPhone4/4s, particularly the chrome trim.  Even if this is just a rendering, I'm surprised I don't hear more comments on that.  Did I miss a rumor suggesting the trim would change?  I don't really like...
    But whether one can realistically expect a 55inch iMac for $2000 is not really his point, nor does one have to be feasible for him to be right.  His point is that once you get into that price range, you're entering an entirely new world...consumer expectation is higher because the cost has reached a breaking point in regard to that kind of technology.  A 55inch iMac for $2000 doesn't have to exist for me to be right about my estimation of worth.  If I'm going to...
  No offense, but if you think human beings don't need help remembering a task that needs to be done later (be it an hour or a day later), you haven't spent much time in the professional world, or simply don't have many responsibilities.  A younger person might try to argue with that, but it'd be like a kid who likes film lecturing Scorsese on movies.  Normal people who need to be productive use reminders of all kinds, not to mention having their calenders filled with...
I have mixed feelings about Siri.  I don't want to write either one of them first because doing so places emphasis and they both weigh the same for me.  I think Siri works incredibly well, especially for a Beta product, however, I think Apple has shot themselves in the foot by making it their primary push in advertising.  Is it a cool feature?  Definitely.  I use it rarely, however.  I've occasionally spoken text messages while in the car...but rarely.  If I take a power...
I've got mixed feelings.  I enjoyed The Social Network as a movie, but it ultimately left me feeling disappointed because I knew it wasn't incredibly accurate.
In all honesty, have you really met people who think that way?  The majority of consumers I've met (folk who don't spend any time reading blogs or tech websites) know nothing of this "size perfection" idea.  Including the iPhone owners.  I don't think Apple even markets it that way (do they?  I haven't seen that they do, but maybe...?).  Most of the crap I hear about Apple fanaticism is from people who hate Apple.  I interact closely with two people who work in tech and...
  I'm not extremely tech savvy, but it's always interesting reading tech blogs/websites - an outsider couldn't be faulted much for thinking that techies think each other are either always wrong or always right, always completely original, or always sheep. Look on the bright side, if Apple doesn't make a new phone, they'll call you a sheep.  If Apple does make a phone with a new size, you'll be called an idiot.  That's what you get for having an opinion, and one that...
  I don't intend to be confrontational, but none of this happened.  Why are you saying it did?  I have zero investment in promoting Apple products...but Apple never claimed to have the first voice recognition software, the first multi-tasking software, or the first 8mp camera.  I don't understand - why are you making this up?  You're writing as though you are emotionally involved and are trying to find someway to hurt people who like Apple products.  I'm sure Apple will...