or Connect

Posts by Sol77

I have both the kindle fire and the ipad2.  I agree with you about size.  I'd much rather read on the kindle.  However, the interface is sluggish and it is easier to navigate a book on an ipad.  I also have to admit that for me (subjectively), reading on the ipad would be perfectly fine if it was half the weight...which won't happen any time soon.  Frankly, if the kindle could do exactly what the ipad could do, I'd never use the ipad.  I've heard others suggest I can be...
  I've never really understood a consumer demanding a producer make something in the way he prefers, simply by virtue the producer makes something he enjoys.  So if my company is capable of making a phone, suddenly it is Obligated to make said phone the way somebody else wants it made?  So the person doing no work gets more options, and the person doing all the work gets less?
  I laughed pretty hard when I scrolled down and saw what I knew was coming.  I think I would have blown coffee out my nose had it been large enough that the DI and ES had disappeared off the sides.  While I don't mind reading their usually unsubstantiated rumors, it does seem fair to suggest that maybe Apple Insider should simply post "Digitimes" in an overblown font, skip the "rumors," and let us cut right to the commenting.  I enjoy reading them a lot more,...
I'll bridge the gap between the topic and your well placed non sequitur by saying I'd enjoy comments like this from Siri...but it is not meant to be. 
Yes, but I think the point is that Siri gives factual answers..."she" doesn't make qualitative judgment calls.  If you ask, "what phone has the fastest processor," etc, you'll get what you're looking for (...umm, respectively), but I don't think Apple (or anyone) wants to program a device with that kind of liability.  Best to make a joke out of it.  Sure, they're avoiding the silly exposure regarding the Nokia phone, but it does make sense that they'd remove qualitative,...
Yeah, but if I'm flipping through TV channels and my friend stops at Jerry Springer and I comment, "Oh my god, this show is absurd," it doesn't count as me lending it credibility.  Sometimes the banter is just casual.
I know!  Now I'm wondering if she was being truthful when she told me how much wood a woodchuck chucked.  She is a wily mistress.
 Deleted
"It is not because those guys (Apple) did it first. It's just that's where the form factor is leading it."   This guy must not have had any philosophy classes when he was in school, or at least some semblance of abstract reasoning.    "So..'Form Factors' just exist in an ether and direct the path of technology?  Really?  "Form Factors" that exist without anybody having created them?  "The almighty "Form Factor" has decreed that we are to go....THIS WAY!  That is...
My phone isn't jailbroken, but I agree with every reason you posted.  I had jailbroken it awhile back and absolutely loved being able to swipe up to turn my bluetooth on and off, or swipe diagonally up to turn off wifi.  I'm not sure why anybody would be confrontational about this.  It's preference, and it is incredibly convenient as well.  I don't want bluetooth going all day because of the battery drain, but when I get in my car, I would simply swipe up and it...