or Connect

Posts by Sol77

But it's market price, is it not?  I get you - I'd love to have CS6, but when I look at the prices I gasp.  But how reasonable is it for me to expect someone to sell me the product they made at the price I want?  The beauty of the free market is that it requires consent...no one is forced to sell at a given price, nobody is forced to buy at a certain price.  I can understand a "holy crap" reaction, but in a free market (assuming we're talking about a free market and not...
  I don't know that people are surprised so much as amused.  Ten day weather forecasts are a mainstay of weather apps and local news channels, but one never reads articles that suggest people should actually devise plans based on a weather prediction that is ten days out.  Can you imagine hearing a local weather report for May 6 suggesting that the Wedesday after next should be a great day for kite flying?  I'm certain most people will readily admit there might be some...
This.   It's like the local news channel announcing that your plans for ten days from now are solid because the weather forecast looks good from here.  Uh huh.  But...but...we have ALGORITHMS!  This is one of a vast majority of AI articles for which I only read the headline and head straight for the comments for personal amusement.  I feel that I shouldn't lend credibility to most of them by clicking the link, but the comments are so much better than the actual articles...
      Sorry, dude.  I was actually knocking somebody's notion of bulk being better than profit and quality...I'm just inept when it comes to the new posting procedure...so it looked like I was the one who posted the quotes when I was actually quoting somebody else.  My edited response is above...might make more sense.  : ) 
    Think about what you wrote.  You're defending bulk over profit and quality?  Do you suppose many people are fans of Apple not because they're cows but because Apple...makes good products and deservedly dominates financially?  
A blue-green, shimmering phone? It'd be great if, in order to activate it, you had to proclaim to Siri, "I swear, by my life and my love of it..."
Concerning what I wrote, you might be encouraged about my opinion a bit if you read it more literally. I'm probably on your side. Aside from that, I'm fairly confident in my level of maturity, an attribute of which is not resorting to personal attacks...I wasn't trying to provoke your indignation, though I understand it. On the other hand, it is not my political understanding that greed is "evil," as wealth is the fuel of life, whether you're trading in dollars or...
I attended a neo-hippie college a decade ago. Greenpeace reminds me of the sophomoric attitude of most of the student body who assumed being provocative was equivalent to being progressive. I was embarrassed (and still am) to claim I graduated from that school, even though it is considered a "good" liberal arts school. I didn't even walk. It's a little disheartening to have grown up and into a world where entire movements are dictated by what is very obviously an ego...
Count me one of them.
I definitely get your argument and am trying to give it a fair shake. I agree that a lack of competition reduces innovation and progress, but I have nothing to compare it to...What would Apple be producing if there was another company "X" who was quite similar? It's not that I flat out disagree, but I can't myself conceive of how they could innovate faster, and I wonder whether our expectations about progress are abnormally high. My "opinion" (which could be...