or Connect

Posts by muppetry

In the case of iCloud I don't disagree that forcing the sync folder to be on the boot drive seems like an unfortunate restriction, but my comments were more directed at the other poster's various misunderstandings of how a sync folder works and his confusion of the distinction between copy and move.
That will certainly useful, especially for anyone who doesn't otherwise need to pay for large amounts of storage. I have 1 TB, so files even up to a few GB are just in the noise.
 Just to be clear - in Dropbox you can share individual files - you don't need to create a separate folder and share that.
And if you don't, then it isn't.
I don't really understand your problem with iCloud or DB. How else could it work if it is synchronizing folders? It needs a directory to synchronize from/to, which has to exist somewhere on a physical drive. By default all the content that you want to include will be in that sync directory (unless you use symbolic links to sub-directories on other physical drives). So if you don't want that content on your boot drive then either don't put your sync directory there or use...
Note, however, that you can create symbolic links (not aliases) to any directories on any drive on your system and place that link in your Dropbox directory (avoiding directories that include the DB directory in their heirarchy of course). DB will then include the contents of those directories as if they were in the DB directory.
Actually that is not the logical conclusion unless you choose to disbelieve the bit about needing reasonable cause to obtain a court order.
It's not quite that simple though, because encryption of information is not entirely analogous to securing physical items by locking them where they cannot be accessed. Encryption amounts to obfuscation - more analogous to hiding such items where they cannot be found, and there have been many ways to do both of those long before iOS.
Right, but how much adults spend on watches was a side note - the issue here is teens, and I would agree that it is unlikely that a large proportion of them would see that as $350 well spent, especially if the focus is health and fitness which is probably not a cool or important subject in that demographic.
Actually it links to post #112.