or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Interesting patent, but the connection with the LinX technology is not obvious, since LinX does not use light field techniques.
Except that resolution has never been an areal density in any optical or display usage - it has always referred to the ability to distinguish detail in a linear dimension. Going back to the original optical and photographic uses, it was typically measured as the ability to distinguish line pairs, and was quoted in line pairs per mm. What is the mathematical argument that you allude to for it being an areal, rather than linear, density?
I think that was the idea, but a poor one. In any case, banning affirmative action does not equate to condoning discrimination, or to disapproving of other, more defensible, anti-discrimination measures.
That ruling upholds a ban on affirmative action - it doesn't permit discrimination. Where were you going with that?
That's a terribly cynical point of view. I'm sure that there have been uncorrupted leaders in human history, as well as many for whom the corruption was relatively insignificant.
Fox News has no beneficial effect on roses that I'm aware of.
Plus - even if they were, it would only be (arguably) inconsistent if Apple were refusing to do business in Indiana. It would only be hypocritical if Tim Cook were, himself, discriminating against gays. The actual meaning of "hypocrisy" appears to have been lost in the excitement of the religious outrage.
No doubt, but someone has to do it. I think it would be fair to suppose that not everyone is corrupted.
Yes - I think we really do need to hear the whole story. Can't leave something like that to the imagination.
Unfortunately, blocking due to political views ends up blocking some posters who are quite knowledgeable on the core subjects of this site. Probably better just to avoid the contentious topics.