or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Actually it links to post #112.
That question has been posed repeatedly, and gone totally unanswered by the benders. It's like it doesn't exist.
I did wonder if that was the case, but then why does it work on my iPad, albeit with a different swipe direction.
No - not on either device.
Does not appear to work on my 5. Swiping right takes me back to the previous (updates) screen. Works on my iPad, but requires swiping left.
Fair enough. As I said, privacy and security is always good but, at least for me, not significant enough to pay extra for on a public forum. The chance that someone intercepts my LAN traffic and figures out that I'm posting on AI doesn't bother me very much.
Agreed, but FB and Twitter are a bit more far reaching since you can use those credentials to sign into numerous other sites and services. AI is just a single discussion site, and the information that you post to AI is public as soon as you post it anyway, but clearly someone could steal your login details, which would be a nuisance at least. Extra security and privacy is always good - I was just surprised that you would be willing to pay for that extra security on this site.
Any particular reason? It obviously wouldn't hurt, but it doesn't seem like forum transactions are especially sensitive in terms of content.
That certainly could be one reason to use such a system, but a far more significant benefit is added security.
 I'm sure that they are pretty worried about the future, and history says that they should be.