or Connect

Posts by muppetry

That may be the explanation. However, all other things being equal I'm not sure that a longer structure is ever more resistant to bending, irrespective of how the forces are distributed.
The BB looks like an interesting design. I particularly like the re-imagined retro keyboard. Probably would have been a huge hit 10 years ago. I think if there were no iPhone then I would design one and become very wealthy.
 Is that like underail?
Having thoroughly derailed this thread with English etymology, can we please get back to debating the many ways in which Apple is doomed?
 I think they believe it to be a fishing term.
 Toe rag. Improvised sock IIRC.
 Phew. That was close.
 Yes - not used in "proper" English and you won't hear it from well-educated Brits, but common enough in some areas of the country, including London. EDIT: embarrassing typo fixed.
 I stopped using it when I realized that Americans mostly didn't understand it. I still, surprisingly frequently, discover that other words that I've been using don't really exist over here.
 This exemplifies the disconnect in all these arguments - the fundamental assumption that if the phone can be bent by hand then it is too weak - even though the controlled tests indicate that all the current top phones will bend at or less than 150 lbs force applied to the middle of the phone - a force that any moderately strong human can exert in that manner. The HTC One is measurably weaker than the 6+ and roughly similar to the 6, and yet no one is running around...