or Connect

Posts by muppetry

If I were to guess, then yes, one day we will see resonant inductive charging (unless anything better comes along - though there are no obvious candidates yet) incorporated into these devices. The energy overhead is quite low, and simply placing a phone on a mat or in the vicinity of a charging station is the kind of elegant convenience that Apple values.
 It does make the arrangement much less attractive but there is no way around it at present, since the iPhone itself has no inductive charging circuit.
 Most of the "analysts" who weigh in on tech issues don't even seem to grasp the fundamental concepts of their own business. I would have no expectation that they would understand statistical analysis.
 Did you do any assessment of image quality compared to a regular iPhone camera shot?
I thought it was the quality of the customers that distinguished the platforms.
 Some readers have raised the suspicion that it's not my real name. As a username, it generally ensures low expectations that anything I write will make sense. 
 You may have misunderstood the concept here.
 Thanks for the response, and I'd certainly be happy to check it out. Optimization, testing, trial and error was not really the level of detail that I was hoping for though, in comparison to the observation that SnappyCam was using new DCTs specifically tailored to the co-processor instruction set.  It's not that hard to speed up processing simply by discarding data.
I agree. I assumed that the poster was connected to the company, and I was curious to hear how they tackled the problem compared to SnappyCam, not how they did comparison tests.