or Connect

Posts by muppetry

I think you may have misunderstood the issue. It has nothing to do with iPhone problems - it is an problem of vulnerabilities in bank activation methods. Why would anyone return an iPhone because of that?
Agreed - the existing Pebble display has very high contrast and is extremely readable. It never looks off in any light.
You may want to consider visiting an optician.
OK - fair enough. There are significant differences though. That act, as imperfect as it may be, was overwhelmingly passed by both houses of the elected legislature in response to an unprecedented situation, and I would argue that it was passed with good intentions. One can argue about whether or how much the lack of subsequent terrorist attacks in the US is due to the act, but it had broad support at the time, and I suspect that there would have been a much worse backlash...
 One thing that still bugs me - I read your comment and immediately ads for Nissan Cargo Vans started appearing on the AI pages.
 But that was my point - these worst-case scenarios are floated nearly every time a regulation is proposed these days, and even, sometimes, when one isn't, but never actually transpire. Those outcomes are not the norm. Do you have any examples? Assuming that you are talking about the proposal, I don't understand your last sentence.
I don't disagree that those other issues are serious, but this discussion was about what it would take to get past the Apple Pay security measures. And it is only game over if you don't realize what has happened and wipe the device remotely.
And if that were the only difference between the two then the Watch would probably fail. 
 Yes I trust that language, but I also recognize that we have an elected government to keep them in check if they attempt to go to far. There are all kinds of things the FCC could do, in theory, but haven't. Radio licenses are required to broadcast on restricted frequencies -  a reasonable requirement implemented everywhere to allow frequency coordination and prevent chaos. You don't need a license to listen to radio, or watch television. You don't need a license for...
A true classic. Is it for sale?