or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Indeed.  Apple's dominance in a market with many other players (so by definition not a monopoly) arises precisely from consumer choice. If one believes that innovation is of prime importance to consumers, then one would tend to conclude that Apple must be innovating and, in fact, innovating better than the less successful players.
 Look - you have every right to your own preferences and priorities when it comes to smartphone features, and if the screen size is most important to you then fine. However, if you come charging in declaring that a preference for a smaller screen size is archaic and that Apple technology is somehow falling behind and failing, when they are producing the top-selling phone, then don't be surprised if you are not warmly received.
No problem then. As you care about hardware specs more than actual picture quality then we needn't argue any further.
That would be in your previous post:
 Maybe, but the main difference with colors is that they show the color directly in the Finder, not just when tags are viewed. I can't think of how to do that with text tags.  So if one can't distinguish colors then fine, one can use just text tags, but to complain that the additional functionality of colors should not be available just because some people can't use them does not seem reasonable.

My comment was unrelated to whether aggressive data gathering will continue to whatever extent they can - I'm sure it will. It was about whether they are in a position to bend the lawmaking process to their will.
 I'll second that. As well as benefiting from the extensive wisdom of other posters, I can't count the number of times I've improved my knowledge and understanding by taking the time to research a subject under discussion here.
 Agreed. It will be fascinating to see how this plays out.
 Completely agree.