or Connect

Posts by muppetry

And fortunately, these devices also work at negative elevations.
 Theodolite is an excellent app. In the US, the ScenicMap apps are very functional offline, and Topo Maps has the best set of USGS maps that I have found so far. Galileo is good for custom offline map production.
 Hard to spend much time above 10,000 ft in the Netherlands, I would guess.
No doubt the question was about commercial, but general aviation rules do allow cabin pressure altitudes much higher than 10,000 ft.
Not sure about that. I regularly use my iPads above 10,000 ft with no problems.
 Agreed, and that appears to be already part of their plan - at least the distribution. I've seen no word on charging for it yet.
 How do you feel about being on the same internet as them?  Much less secure than the uni-directional multicast network that is proposed here, which makes your concern the equivalent of worrying that criminals might be watching the same TV station that you are.
 At least 150, apparently. Not a long term space junk problem though, since they will not last very long in that low an orbit.
 You are thinking of geostationary satellites rather than low-earth-orbit. These are much closer (600 km vs 36000 km) and with a theoretical signal round trip of less than 5 ms the latency would probably be dominated by other parts of the network.
 Firstly - the reference to -2 F was clearly about the effect on components, not on the skiers. Secondly, -2 F is not at all uncommon at ski areas, especially in the Rockies, and, in the absence of high winds, the lifts will operate at much lower temperatures. I've had plenty of enjoyable days at sub-zero F temperatures. Thirdly, the temperature at Banff that day was not stated - just that it was much colder than -4 F. Lastly, no one suggested that it was designed to...