or Connect

Posts by muppetry

I have a quadcopter configured for SAR operations, and there is no question that adding IR in addition to visible spectrum imaging would increase its functionality. For SAR use in the US the biggest issue currently is the FAA.
I don't think the units were ever the issue, but rather the indivisibilty of the building blocks and the observation that, with a 0.5 nm atomic spacing, we are approaching the physical limits of circuit miniaturization.
 We certainly were talking about current limitation - you brought up overcharge protection, for no apparent reason. With lithium chemistry the main factor determining battery life is charging temperature, so your fixation on internal resistance is not very helpful because it is only a part of the picture. Joule heating in the battery is proportional to current² and internal resistance (itself temperature dependent), but the cell temperature is also determined by electrode...
 Sorry - but you are confused again. If you disagree with any of the details of my posts, please state which ones rather than resorting to a purely ad hominem defense. Once I know what you disagree with then I'll provide some references for you to look at, but at present you are simply making vague statements of dissent with patently incorrect claims that you have provided detailed arguments. Also strange in the context of your previous post in which you claimed largely to...
 Fair enough, but note that overcharge protection is not the same as charge current limiting - different problems and different solutions. Anyway - the charging rate (current) allowed by the circuitry is determined based on battery voltage and temperature, and it is certainly possible that in some situations the 6 and 6+ can take a bit more than the 5 W charger delivers. But the point is not whether these batteries could be charged faster (which they certainly could if...
 Limited distribution? I bought my Nexus 7 on Amazon. There was no shortage of them and they were easy to buy, and cheap, which is why I chose it. Agreed on the promotional issue, but it's not as if they were unknown, niche items.
 See above. Commercial manufacturer claims do not constitute a sound technical defense of your assertion.
 OK - enough avoiding the technical issue. The discussion started with the question of whether the iPhone battery would be damaged (i.e. shortened life) by charging with the (higher current) iPad charger relative to the iPhone charger. The answer is no, but not because the iPhone battery life is unaffected by charging current - it is because the iPhone's internal charging circuit limits the current during the CC charging phase. The iPhone charger was designed to supply...
No, not "what ifs". Simply - if the Nexus tablets are good, why do they not compete, in terms of sales, with the iPad, irrespective of their "stated" purpose?
 That is certainly the message that Google would like to project, but I'm not sure that it holds up to scrutiny. So we have a pure Android, testbed device intended to showcase the platform and its capabilities.  Presumably, to that extent, they fulfilled their purpose. But, sales were not production limited, and the resulting sales were much lower than the iPad. So - again - what should we conclude?