or Connect

Posts by muppetry

That explanation may be correct, but does it fundamentally change anything except, perhaps in the most generous sense, to say that it should not even be included in the comparison. If they never intended it to be a commercial success and it still failed to compete significantly with the iPad, what should we conclude?
 Also - the iPad essentially created a market where none, of any significance, existed before. So it is inevitable that after satisfying that market with first-time sales, subsequent sales would slow down to a sustainable upgrade rate. The proliferation of cheap, subsidized tablets from other manufacturers undoubtedly took some sales, but there is really nothing that Apple can, or probably should, do to combat market demand for low-performance, low-cost devices.
You should probably take some time to read the posts before responding. I haven't made any contentions or assertions - my only post in this thread was the one you are replying to, and I posted only because I was unimpressed with the almost complete lack of substance in your hectoring responses to others. It's not even that your position is wrong - it's more that you appear totally unable to defend it.
And you are busily tossing unsubstantiated assertions and anecdotal evidence about battery technology in return, so I would suggest you address the technical issues or climb down off your horse.
The security/intelligence branches of all governments tend to focus on what they can do, often with fundamentally good intentions, rather than on what they should do. Remember that they are tasked with keeping their countries secure, and they get the blame when something happens. It doesn't surprise me that their priorities end up looking skewed.
No, it doesn't. There are plenty of data that do strongly suggest that in-spec cellular devices do not interfere with in-spec avionics, but this is not among them.
The hexacopters may be a bit quieter than the quads, but all the ones that I have used or seen (heard) are noisy when within 50 ft or so - they sound like a swarm of bees. Predominantly higher frequencies, so the perceived noise level drops off fast with distance. But, given that all the consumer level aircraft use wide-angle lenses (and have to because the stabilization gimbals are not good enough to stabilize with higher magnifications), you really have to get quite...
Or, from a practical point of view, it's about aerial photography and video made widely accessible and affordable.
That was the issue - it was not a corporate site for which I had a distribution certificate - it was a commercial site and a control app for one of their products. At the time the app was under beta testing, and so a limited number of users were invited to test it, but all that was provided to me by the company was the link. Since then the app has been "released", in the sense that that the company advertised the link, but it is still not in the App Store. The video API...
I was surprised that it worked at all, but all I did was follow a link to the website and confirm that I wanted to install the app. It's clearly done using the enterprise system, but did not require registering my iOS device.