or Connect

Posts by muppetry

That's a pointless response, not least because it doesn't remotely address my observation. Your snide suggestion to look at the WP entry for physics suggests only that you don't understand physics yourself. If you would like to debate the substance of the issue then feel free to try to explain why I'm wrong.And, as it happens, unlike you I am a physicist, so I don't need a refresher.
The present limitations on battery life are not governed by the laws of physics - simply by the constraints of existing technology on power usage and battery energy density. Neither are anywhere near the fundamental limits imposed by basic physics, and are continuously improving.
Obviously it won't be A-GPS, since that would require cellular radios in the watch. But that's not really relevant to this kind of device since lock time is relatively unimportant for tracking applications provided that it is sub-minute or so.
In the case of iCloud I don't disagree that forcing the sync folder to be on the boot drive seems like an unfortunate restriction, but my comments were more directed at the other poster's various misunderstandings of how a sync folder works and his confusion of the distinction between copy and move.
That will certainly useful, especially for anyone who doesn't otherwise need to pay for large amounts of storage. I have 1 TB, so files even up to a few GB are just in the noise.
 Just to be clear - in Dropbox you can share individual files - you don't need to create a separate folder and share that.
And if you don't, then it isn't.
I don't really understand your problem with iCloud or DB. How else could it work if it is synchronizing folders? It needs a directory to synchronize from/to, which has to exist somewhere on a physical drive. By default all the content that you want to include will be in that sync directory (unless you use symbolic links to sub-directories on other physical drives). So if you don't want that content on your boot drive then either don't put your sync directory there or use...
Note, however, that you can create symbolic links (not aliases) to any directories on any drive on your system and place that link in your Dropbox directory (avoiding directories that include the DB directory in their heirarchy of course). DB will then include the contents of those directories as if they were in the DB directory.
Actually that is not the logical conclusion unless you choose to disbelieve the bit about needing reasonable cause to obtain a court order.