or Connect

Posts by muppetry

There is nothing magical about it. Subsequent comparisons of station data with surrounding areas, principally from satellite measurements, absolutely permit improved normalization of older data. Did you read the referenced paper? Those are certainly not ideal locations, but all locations require some form of normalization in order to use the data in global analysis. And climatologists, quite reasonably, have attempted to include as many diverse data sources as possible if...
I could not find that 2002 figure in the records although it looks at least plausible from a comparison of the published versions of the land-ocean data from that time - do you have a reference for it? But anyway, if you look at the GISS historical analyses, you will see that the historical temperature records have been repeatedly refined over time as new data have allowed better correction and normalization adjustments. Presumably you are aware that the raw station...
However, the year that it exceeds by 0.02 ˚C was 2005. And if you look back pre-2000, only 1998 was within 0.1 ˚C. Prior to that the trend is steep. Maybe the next 10 or so years will provide some more definitive indication of where this is going. Downwards would be very interesting, and throw the field of climate science into all kinds of turmoil, but it does not seem very likely at this point.  I don't know how to begin to address the claim that these data have been...
OK - now you are just making assertions again. Your "facts" are not facts if they are not validated. Blogs are not facts. You absolutely are talking about opinions, and, in this case, extremely uneducated opinions. If you are not defending his conclusions then what was the point of your posting "the kind of things the warmists ignore". This stuff gets ignored because it is unsupported nonsense. Where are the rigorous studies showing widespread data manipulation? And the...
Compelling reading I'm sure, but how do you keep falling for this kind of nonsense? You talk about the Church of Global Warming, but you must be aware that Booker has been one of the most strident opponents of mainstream climate science for years. He has no qualifications, he never backs up any of his extraordinary claims except by quoting other like-minded and equally unqualified bloggers, and his conspiracy theories have been repeatedly debunked. These are the same old...
Oh - so now you do want to discuss this? OK. So - just to be clear - you are arguing that you see no problem with the situation where you purchase internet service from an ISP, typically defined by upload and download rates, but then the ISP deliberately and arbitrarily delivers data to you at lower rates, not because of network saturation, but based on the content and where it is coming from? Not because they can't deliver it faster, but because they want to extract money...
Fascinating. Not only are you unable to distinguish Net Neutrality from the ACA, but you can't tell humor from argument, and apparently can't respond coherently to either.
That is hilarious. Unfortunately, you have simultaneously ridiculed all manner of truths, deities and inalienable stuff that are held dear by the irrationals, and since freedom of speech does not extend to people who disagree with them, expect swift and brutal retaliation. Denial of service probably, or some shit like that.
Net Neutrality is just a set of proposed regulations to prevent traffic prioritization at the whim of the ISPs. How on earth are you managing to conflate that with "a massive government program" that requires funding by taxation or, for that matter, with anything at all to do with the Constitution? Nice little irrelevant snippet, by the way, that, with depressing inevitability, is about as unrelated to Net Neutrality as one could get. But I'm sure everyone is relieved to...
I'm curious about that too. Seems like an obvious move. And if, for some reason, they thought that it is not technologically feasible, then I would expect them to let others spend money trying with little or no comment, safe in the knowledge that they will continue to have the best product for these applications.