or Connect

Posts by muppetry

28 was the previous record apparently... #1.  Quote: Originally Posted by ds423ce    (A lot of crying, whining, and... by GTR in Samsung argues Apple injunction bid meant to 'create fear and uncertainty' for carriers, retailers(28 Reputation)#2.  Quote: Originally Posted by randallking  AppleInsider, I would have... by CogitoDexter in Apple, Inc. asks Arizona governor to veto state gay discrimination bill(26 Reputation)#3.  There's no way anyone that gives a shit about...
Sorry - I don't have the time or energy to devote to the futile task of teaching reason. Pigs, singing etc.
 And the only way to guarantee abstinence is....? Right - never been achieved, because it denies a basic, powerful human instinct. So your proposal is both impracticable and onerous to those to whom you seek to deny the behavior. Do you think there were fewer unplanned children before contraception and abortion were available? Luckily there are now other options, even if your religious dogma seeks to discount and criminalize them. And now I will follow my own advice and...
Throwing straw man arguments at me does not change anything. Adding non sequiturs makes it worse. Of course it is not desirable to have children when immature or otherwise not in a position to support them, but it does not follow that the only solution (or even best solution) is abstinence, and it does not follow that abortion is murder. 
There's no way this argument reaches resolution, not least because @sog35 has strong fundamentalist religious beliefs that he mistakes for self-evident facts. Agree to differ is the only reasonable outcome.
Really?http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28616115
That's true, but this system appears to go well beyond just bank details in terms of stored PII, and also has authority to debit the bank account, whIch, in theory at least, one cannot do just by knowing the account and routing numbers.It really is quite remarkable that the consortium would regard this as a viable payment system in today's privacy and security climate.
True, but credit cards do give additional rights and protections to the consumer, as well as the various cash back schemes, and so even if one doesn't need the credit, purchasing on a credit card is generally preferable.
While reflection manifests as a surface phenomenon, it is due to the impedance mismatch between the two media and thus determined by the relative refractive index, which is a bulk property. In principle that could be modified by doping and while that can be used to alter color, it is not an inevitable effect.Multi-coatings are almost certainly more effective but, as noted by others, prone to scratching.
A possible alternative to coating might be doping the sapphire do reduce reflectance. I'm not sure whether that has been fully explored yet.