or Connect

Posts by muppetry

In principle this should be entirely feasible. If you look at the area under the V - Ah discharge profile for typical AA batteries, the voltage drops below 1.35 V after providing only around 0.4 Ah. There is another 1.5 Ah or so left before the voltage drops below 1 V.
I've been using the new MacBook for a couple of weeks, and so far I have not really found ForceTouch to be useful. I prefer "Tap to click", and I haven't found myself using the ForceTouch features very much at all. I suspect that for some applications that accept variable pressure input it might be important, but I haven't tried that yet.
Yes - it does what it claims to do. Sometimes very slowly - it can take many hours to rebuild an image of a disk with a damaged directory structure, but it almost always seems to get there in the end, and can recover disks that other recovery programs can't even see.
That was my first thought too. How did the officer know that he was not just fiddling with his watch? Possibly he made enough of a performance out the process that he was pulled over for careless driving, and then told the officer what he had been doing.
There's no software correction - the lens is just a tad slower than if it did not include sapphire.
Yes - that is the actual issue under discussion, but I was responding to comments about the button on the white iPhone looking less white than the surround. Same cause - difference in the reflectance.
 If more light is reflected then, by definition, less is transmitted to the surface underneath, which then has less to reflect back through the button to the observer. It doesn't require any particular light source to illuminate it.
 Yes - that's an expected result, since the higher reflectivity of the sapphire means that less light is reaching the white surface underneath it. Similarly, if you look at reflected light from the front of an iPhone 6, the reflection from the sapphire is brighter than from the surrounding glass.
 Either way then - hardly a representative "real life" review, since most users will likely be buying the device, not borrowing it.
Photos "doesn't cut it" in what way, exactly? And the machine is a "no go" because they didn't bundle the $19 dongle with it? Are you serious?