or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Photos "doesn't cut it" in what way, exactly? And the machine is a "no go" because they didn't bundle the $19 dongle with it? Are you serious?
 On what evidence do you assert that it is a "very narrow target group"? As the basis for almost the entirety of your argument, that looks very shaky to me.
In terms of creating albums, if you create an album in Photos and it will appear on your iOS devices.
I don't fully understand your privacy concern. Photos simply offers you the opportunity to store your photos on iCloud. It doesn't force you to, or even require you to opt out. And, even if you do use iCloud, it doesn't give anyone else access to them, unless you believe that iCloud, itself, is compromised. If that is the case then you are free to do as you have done – assuage your paranoia by avoiding iCloud altogether.
 I listed some of the improvements in post #20 - did you read that post? And I did not edit out the list of downgrades that you quoted - you added them to your post after posting, and after I quoted it. I really don't know what your problem is. iPhotos was a free application that has been replaced by another free application that does many things, especially photo editing, significantly better. It has, as I noted above, lost some organizational options. Not sure why,...
But apparently you are unable to say what features it lost from iPhoto, an application that you don't use anyway. And now you are complaining that it is "knocking off" Aperture, whatever that is supposed to mean. Are you now offended that it has included more advanced editing tools than iPhoto, and is trying to fool you into thinking it will replace Aperture? I suggest that you either get to the point (any point will do), or stop digging, because you are making no sense at...
I see - so now your argument is that Photos is inferior to Aperture? I assume that you did read the title of the thread, and noticed that the discussion is about Photos being much worse than iPhoto? Or perhaps not. And, in response to your request, I did list a number of features that are improved in Photos relative to iPhoto. If you want a replacement for Aperture then you are looking at the wrong app, and in the wrong thread.
That's the problem - this thread contains very little on the actual lost functionality.  In terms of improvements, it has more detailed adjustments, such as independent level controls on the color channels, more advanced options for white balance, more options for sharpening, more color adjustments. Plus it is much faster. So - again - what are you missing from iPhotos?
As far as I can tell, rating has been merged with keywords which it was always, technically, a subset of anyway. It's trivial to continue to use any number of stars that you want, and assign a single key shortcut to assigning them. Batch change does seem to have gone - I hadn't noticed because I never used iPhoto for that kind of work. The video issue is a real one - it is strange that video import is not as seamless as photos. I use Dropbox to transfer, but that is...
Strange response. A long diatribe asserting that I don't know the software (Photos) and then just ranting about Pages and feeling abandoned. Not a single mention of any actual issues with the Photos app. Have you even used it? This, and other threads, are full of non-specific complaints about the app, with little elaboration of the problem. Or, in your case, none at all.