or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Agreed, but given what Apple would need to have done - either sell the zipcode data or use it to track down the customers' addresses by some other means, and then send advertising material to those addresses - actual evidence seems unlikely. I suspect that they are banking on the superficial similarity of the claim to a previously successful claim that did involve that full behavior to enable a fishing expedition. Still hard to see that passing muster.
 Does it actually work like that? Can one make a random accusation of data misuse without any evidence, and then require the defendant to prove, via a discovery process, that they did not misuse the data?
 But then what are you saying? That Apple needs to release a constant stream of half-baked innovations, in order to stay in the news? That's not the Apple way of doing business, and it doesn't seem to have hurt their ability consistently to lead the markets that they enter, nor their ability to maintain a very high public profile without stunts and gimmicks.
 I don't think there is a problem leaving an external drive on provided it is spinning down appropriately, but I would be more concerned about the reluctance to mount or eject, which may suggest a controller problem. Presumably you don't mean that you are using it as your boot drive, since that would not be ejectable.
The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled back in March that it was a violation to require a zip code, then use a reverse phone book technique to figure out the customer's address, and then send direct advertising to that address. The court awarded no damages though. Similar judgements have occurred in a handful of other states. However, unless the plaintiffs can prove that Apple acted similarly - i.e. not only asked for a zip code but also figured out addresses from...
 Well then I admire your stamina, and long may it continue.  Never give up on learning new tricks though.  You will always have people willing to help.
 If you choose "Help Center" from the help menu, and type in "Library", the first item shown is a description of the Library and how to view it - in this case the instruction is just to hold down the option key, then select the "Go" menu, and "Library" appears as one of the selections. It doesn't get much easier than that. So Apple clearly explains how to do it, and your statement that "Help" doesn't help is patently incorrect. From reading your recent posts it seems to me...
They.hid it, but not to prevent you from accessing it - just to require it to be a deliberate act.
 I think the accusation (post #35) was that "poor and uneducated people like Android". Perhaps you are dealing with the uneducated, rather than the poor? The make of car might shed more light on that.
 It's another example of where a simple Google or Apple Support search would immediately have yielded the answer. The directory structure hasn't changed - the Library directories are just hidden by default. From the Finder, in the "Go" menu, choose "Go to Folder..." and then type "~/Library".