or Connect

Posts by muppetry

The more that I read SDW's last paragraph the more it disturbs me. Apart from the racist judgement, it does appear to represent outright denial that Romney's loss was anything other than the result of a successful left-wing conspiracy to deceive and subvert combined with the block vote of the ignorant, mooching classes. And that is how much of the right is already spinning it - the blame all lies elsewhere. We were robbed.I really hope that the mainstream Republican Party...
  OK - well I tried. All your rebuttals are posed in the context of your own opinions, which is fine, but they are just your opinions or your slant on events. Yet you quote them all as if they were irrefutable facts, and that is the primary source of your confusion. And then you assume that I'm claiming to be quoting facts at you, when all I'm doing is giving examples of contrary opinions, some of which I hold and some I disagree with myself. For example - as you may...
  You seem to be confusing different ways to measure the image. Camera sensors have discrete elements that produce an image comprising an equivalent number of pixels (e.g. 3264 x 2448). There are no linear dimensions associated with that image file, so PPI does not mean anything until you project or print that image to a particular size. The iPhone does not take 72 PPI images, it takes 3264 x 2448 pixel images.   When Photoshop opens an image it associates it with...
  Fair points, but I would still argue that you are focussing to much on the issues legitimately raised by the video than by the campaign use of the video. One other thing: given that the Republican campaign used the video to try to discredit Obama, is it really fair to criticize Obama for not setting the record straight when that backfired?
  No, "we're" probably parsing whether it's possible to have a conversation without you snidely changing the subject, and are back to my original point that the subject of discussion was how Romney would be just fine after losing the election, not Obama's wealth. You brought Obama into the conversation in your usual fashion and I questioned the relevance of that, since he didn't lose the election. It degenerated from there to your latest question predicated on the...
  I waited a bit to think about this post before responding. Feelings are obviously running high after the election, and there is understandably a lot of disappointment on the Republican side. My own political views are too centrist to be much offended by left- or right-wing governments, although for now the right fringe scares me more than the left. I don't know which outcome would have been better for the country long term, and we will probably never know, but while I...
  Are you disagreeing on the numbers, or just struggling to find something sarcastic to say?
  But "well off" is a long way from "vastly wealthy" by anyone's definition, isn't it? And your accusation of hilarious stupidity notwithstanding, I was contrasting Romney's estimated net wealth of $200M+ with Obama's of around $10M and pointing out that they are rather different. You may choose to regard a net worth of $10M as vastly wealthy, but then you start to run out of adjectives to describe Romney's wealth, let alone that of more seriously wealthy people.
  Agreed. They could certainly be regarded as similar by many metrics. The conventional political economic spectrum is fairly narrow.
Seems to be worth around $10M - certainly well off, but not really vast. He's definitely top 1% in income, and probably around the lower end for top 1% in wealth.