or Connect

Posts by muppetry

Unfortunately I'm pretty ignorant of the situation in California, so quite useless as a fact checker on that. I can barely keep up with national politics, let alone the local kind. And don't misunderstand me - I don't claim to be a comprehensive fact checker - I just selectively call out stuff that catches my attention.
  I enjoy watching scientists argue that the earth was not created 10000 years ago. What's your point?
  I have no idea to what you are referring here, but this topic seems to be rushing headlong towards hysteria. What do racism and sexism have to do with this, and who (who actually has a say in this) is advocating not asking the questions?
  Sorry about that. I didn't realize that you had presented any facts. And you forgot to mention what you regard as a credible news source. We're not going to get far with the premise that Canada Free Press and American Thinker are credible news sources while NYT, CNN etc. are not.
  Now I'm curious. What would you suggest as a credible news source? And why, exactly, is it up to me to prove anything here? You made the assertions with no evidence beyond articles in two undisguised right-wing websites. Talk about mouthpieces. And you are correct - I don't care at all about what appears to me to be an entirely manufactured issue. Bring me some real evidence to suggest something that we should be concerned about instead of grubbing around in the dirt...
  That's an interesting question. I started reading PO as the election approached to get a feel for arguments on both sides. The discussion forums on most of the news sites do not get into much detail and are mostly polarized and ugly. What I found here was that there is obviously polarization, with a mixture of reasonable and unreasonable argument on both sides. I'd say that some of the more right-wing posters (yourself included) are better at arguing than those on the...
  Because they will be answered. The truth will emerge, and then we will know whether this was reasonable, unreasonable, justified or unjustified. I prefer to wait and see rather than indignantly blowing hot air.     That is a reasonable question, and if you would just have a little patience I'm sure the committees will figure it out.
  1.  Compared to Canada Free Press and American Thinker? I'll let you take a wild stab in the dark on that one.   2.  He visited him on several occasions to ask his advice. Not my idea of "close" or "mentor", but you may have had different experiences.   3.  You think Obama should have quit the board immediately that Ayers joined, to avoid criticism?   4.  Do you worry about the books that politicians have read, the movies they have seen, the places they have visited?...
  Yes, I've read all that stuff. I see a lot of vague allegations that amount to almost nothing but are nicely couched to give the impression of much more. "Mentor" is a good example of misusing a word for that effect. Consider the Ayers question for example: claiming that Ayers and Obama were founding board members of the Woods Fund of Chicago (as you did earlier) is plain incorrect - Obama was, but Ayers joined much later and they only overlapped by a couple of years....