or Connect

Posts by muppetry

So I'm a bit behind on the news. Was there definitely a drill, or is this still unconfirmed?
Since the attack did not require a drill to be effective, and the drill (if there was one) did not change the outcome, it seems unlikely that an attacker would plan on that basis. In fact the existence of a drill would, if anything, increase the likelihood of detection and interdiction, so one might expect an attacker to avoid that situation.
That's possible, and the resulting confusion unsurprising.
I could believe that it might have been a misinformed or ill-judged attempt to prevent panic, and it is even possible that there was a drill since an event like that is a good chance to test the system, but a drill would never include any device that would even simulate a bomb. Imagine the lawsuits if someone is injured or killed in the resulting panic.
Drills are not performed with live devices.
  It's not very tenable to claim that you are trying to have a rational discussion but that I'm spoiling it. So far you have alleged that false flag operations are common, but failed to provide a single example that in any way resembles this event - US government action against its own citizens in the US. All I've done is point out that rather glaring hole in your argument. And your response is that I'm "deferring to authority" and that I've come "perilously close to...
  Since none of your examples fits the category, I'll take that as confirmation that you know of no false flag attacks by a US Government on US soil. But you think this is? Don't you just get tired of constantly being wrong?
  Not sure about coordinated, but functional, detonable devices are not that easy to make. From the videos that I've seen I suspect someone with some experience was involved.
  They may be tip of an iceberg, but I don't think it's the iceberg that you would like it to be. Firstly, doesn't it seem odd that not one of your examples was an actual false flag operation on US soil?  Northwoods was the closest, but rejected, as one would hope it would be, by the administration. The rest are covert operations abroad by various governments except for Tonkin (misreported military action) and Reichstag (possibly, but not certainly, a Nazi false flag...
  That was a good post until you went off the rails in the last paragraph. But that aside, on the question of appropriate response it is clear that the assumption of risk has changed substantially. I wonder how much is simply driven by the increased litigiousness of the modern US, where any hint of negligence by government or LE triggers an avalanche of lawsuits.