or Connect

Posts by MacTac

If the mining and refining of the rare earth minerals needed for wind turbines and solar panels were taking place in the US, the same people praising 'green' alternative power would be protesting to shut the mining and refining down. But since it is out of sight it is out of mind. Meanwhile the land and water in China is getting polluted and the workers poisoned making these wonderful 'green'...
Land use changes. As more and more land is covered up with buildings, roads and parking lots there is less open ground to soak up rain water. The surface result is more run off. That run off increases the chances of flash floods. You might not be getting more rain, it just seems that way since it has fewer places to soak in. Below the surface, all that covered ground reduces soil moisture and aquifer replenishment.   The situation makes me think of an old Gallagher...
From my laboratory in the castle east To the master bedroom where the vampires feast The ghouls all came with their humble iPhones To get a jolt from my electrodes
The climate is always changing and it is not changing more rapidly now than it did before man came along.   In the 1970s, people who sought control and power scared everyone over global cooling and the next ice age. I remember being taught about it in school. Then all of a sudden... Oops. It stopped cooling. Then more people seeking power and control (including some of the same ones that warned about cooling) began warning us about global warming. Thankfully just...
Apps, that rely on a cellular or WiFi connection is not the same as being able to receive over the air broadcasts. It is about having choices should one thing become unavailable. If Apps are so great why do people have their digital music on their phone too? Again, it's about choices.
It is portable. Which means you have it in your hands. Why not set the light level then?   Instead you take it out of your hands and then put your phone in your hand to control the light level.   This is called progress.
"We are working hard at cutting down trees that grow faster with more CO2 so that we can install solar panels. Solar panels that are conveniently made in China where it is easier to make them because the environmental regulations in China are lower than the rest of the world."   "These actions make Apple environmentally friendly."
How about him using some of his money to make the XMac so many of us want?
I've never seen anyone in a store like the ones they show in the commercials. Walking up to check out with their phone in their hand. People keep them in their pocket or purse. They use their hands to carry what they are buying or to unload their shopping cart and place them on the counter.   Only then do people get out whatever method of payment they want to use. At that point there isn't a huge difference in the amount of time it takes to use phone card or cash.
Sounds like a lot of people need to look up "tin whiskers".   And no person has ever been lead poisoned from every day use of any electrical or electronic device that has solder with lead in it.