or Connect

Posts by MacTac

Which position does Steve have to resign for Apple to finally make an XMac?
Message to Tim, Please get working on a XMac. There are lots of us that need something between the mini and the Pro that doesn't have a built in screen.
I would gladly pay a premium above and beyond the price of an iMac to get a headless iMac in an easy open case. Put the $1200 iMac sans screen in a mid size case and I would pay $1500 for it. Apple makes an extra $300 and saves what the screen would have cost them. See, an easy open case big enough for two hard drives and an optical drive and the choice of what kind of monitor are features not negatives.
Cube? You would think he would make the building lower.
First and second definitions in Websters: 1: of, relating to, or based on a module or a modulus 2: constructed with standardized units or dimensions for flexibility and variety in use So again, show me the other matching devices that Apple sells that are meant to go along with the mini. There aren't any and there are no third party devices that meet definition two.
Please show me the modular pieces. Nothing is modular. Nothing matches. Not in size, shape, form, color, or materials. Look up the definition of modular then get back with us. I'm still amazed at the number of people who praise the look, feel and design of Apple products but then turn around and don't understand why some of us want to have internal capacity so that the Apple product we bought doesn't get surrounded by stuff that doesn't match. Here's a car for all of...
Except for being able to get the screen of your choice. And having a computer that is easier to open and replace parts. To me those are very big reasons to desire a mid range tower.Now with pads and tablets and smart phones one could argue that the time for a non expandable all in one computer is gone.I won't be buying an iMac. But if iMac processing power was available in a mini tower I would pay more for that choice without a monitor than what an iMac would cost me.I...
$1400 Mac Pro towers yes. $1400 iMac based tower sounds like just the computer I'm looking for.
That would be a nice machine. Since I do CAD and don't do it in the field this is the type of Mac I wish Apple would get a clue about.
Same here. I will also go so far as to say that I like and prefer devices that are not real small. Even my teenage kids have mentioned that some things like the newest iPods are getting too small for ease of use.