or Connect

Posts by MacTac

Exactly. We want a mid sized headless Mac that offers some internal expansion so that it can be customized to our needs or desires. That's the whole point. We feel that Apple is putting limitations on the Mac consumer. We can't all afford $2500 to have a computer that offers the ability to be customized. I freely admit that if the money wasn't an issue I would buy a Mac Pro. Not because I need everything it offers but because it is the only Mac that offers me the chance to...
They could spend a little bit of it developing a XMac. Just a suggestion.
Personally I hope the Mac Pro survives. Even though I have no need for that much computer only the Mac Pro seems to be built with any sensibility to ease of use. Only the Mac Pro has some jacks on the front where they are easy to reach. Only the Mac Pro has enough room in it so you aren't going to be worried about heat. (I'm not saying the Mini and iMac run too hot, just that plenty of Mini and iMac owners worry about heat) and only the Mac Pro has a case that is easy to...
Apple is selling lots of those things. But I'm completely disinterested until I have the one product I really want and feel I really need. Until I'm able to spend my hard earned money on the computer I want why should I spend any of my hard earned money on other Apple products that only compliment (go with) a desktop computer. I can't see me doing everything I want to do on an iPad. So I need that desktop computer. iPod? Can I rip the CD's and DVDs I have without using a...
Right. The iMac is a crossover or minivan. Meets the needs of quite a few. A small hatchback is the Mini. The Mac Pro is a 4 wheel drive SUV. Tow, haul gets it all done. That leaves a lot of mid sized sedans that the XMac would be. I've compared the Mac line up to clothes. The iMac being an all in one would be a jumpsuit or those coverall things you see older guys wearing, shirt and pants all in one. The Mac Pro would be a three piece suit. The Mini would be shorts and a...
Two hard drives and an optical drive. If the Mini was taller and had room for three devices it would be perfect for my needs. Sure I could use external drives but no one makes an external case that matches the 2010 Mini. But honestly I prefer internal for things I will use often. Cleaner, neater and doesn't mess up the looks that Apple spent a lot of time perfecting. I guess Apple wants people to hide its nice looking products with non matching third party external devices.
I would want 7200 rpm drives but other than that I like your style. Apple just seems clueless that some of us want some internal space without having to drop $2499 for a Mac Pro. I had an idea for a taller Mini (or xMac or whatever) that had room for two hard drives, optical drive, jacks and slots on the front for ease of use, easy open case, and a couple of iPhone or iPod docks on the top for charging your portable Apple devices when you come home. I would even include...
I have only bought Macs but I find nothing below the Mac Pro I really want to purchase. I certainly don't need a Mac Pro but I want more than what the Mini offers. And all in ones just don't trip my trigger but that is the only mid range choice Apple is willing to offer me. I'd gladly pay $1499 for iMac parts in a mid size case big enough for two hard drives and an optical drive that is easy to open and easy to swap drives and memory. And please put some easy to reach...
I like internal devices. I like to back up my data. I use an optical drive. I want to use the monitor I already have. Show me a Mac other than the Mac Pro that has room for two internal hard drives, an optical drive and lets me use the monitor I have. The Mac Pro does have a couple of features going for it that no other Mac does. It is easy to open and has some jacks on the front. Apple has traded in function over form and is throwing designs at us that have components...
If Apple offered a stack-able component system Mac Mini I would probably never complain about the lack of a mid sized Mac again.