or Connect

Posts by MacTac

Next from Apple. The iSnorkle.
I want to read the chapter on why there isn't an XMac.
The iToy moniker is now official. But I guess it was bound to happen. Geoffrey the Giraffe sure isn't able to use a keyboard or mouse. But a touch screen is something he could possibly work.
Maybe she got tired of waiting to market the xMac.
SO instead of large bulky workstations you offer the solution of lots of external devices all over the place and a bunch of extra cables lying every which way. And yes I purposely wrote it to describe a messy looking desk. Why? Because external devices aren't the same size or shape and lots of them don't stack well. I'd even be willing to bet that the owner's manuals for lots of external devices tell you not to stack because of cooling concerns. I'll take internal...
And he admits that he doesn't really need it. But that doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Perhaps he is looking for a Mac that is easy to open and offers internal expandability. The Mac Pro is the only Mac that offers those two things. Apple has created a secondary market for the Mac Pro beyond those that really need it by not offering an easy to open mid range Mac. If someone has the bucks to spend on the Mac Pro why not buy it?
So every piece of software is available for both platforms? Even some that are available aren't equal in capability and features. Mac users were really rejoicing about Autocad for OSX until they found out that Autodesk cut out some things for the Mac version. Then a lot of them said why buy the Mac version.
Right after he took office we heard about how he and Michelle enjoy fisting. You mean he enjoys rimming too?
I seem to recall Apple coming out with Boot Camp. Followed by products by VMWare and Parallels. If even Apple has acknowledged a need to sometimes use Windows Apple better pay attention to the needs of its customers. Especially long time customers. I know more people that have dropped Apple and switched from Macs to Windows then the other way around. In fact I don't know anyone that has switched from PC to Mac.
It's not so much that I'm trying to save the money from not having a built in monitor. I just like having a choice. $1500 for an xMac in a cabinet about 2/3 thirds the size of the Mac Pro would be great. Heck, I'll even take iMac parts at that price. Just make the case easy to get into and put some jacks and slots and ports on the front. Can you imagine if car manufacturer's put the mp3 jack on the back of the radios in cars? That's how Apple seems to think.