or Connect

Posts by MacTac

I wish Apple would make a Mac the size of that RAID.
Same here. I really want just a little more than the Mini offers but I don't need a Mac Pro. I'd like Apple to fill the gap between the two but I'm not very hopeful. Kind of a bummer to have to make lots of hardware compromises in order to stay with the OS I want to use.
If Apple wants more businesses using Macs then it is going to have to build an xMac. If I was running a business and wanted to switch to Macs what am I supposed to buy? iMacs? Businesses don't need fancy screens. (Talking regular office stuff) Mini's? Maybe but most businesses would want a computer that is quick and easy to open. Most regular offices don't have putty knives laying around. Pro? Not for regular business. Too much money. Not filling that gap between the mini...
Pickups and SUV's are still 50% of the vehicle market. While Nissan is struggling to get anyone to buy its all electric Leaf. Nissan has sold maybe 1000 in the US and the year is almost half over. That's not an impressive showing for new technology. Desktop sales have slowed because there are fewer people that no longer have one. But computers still age. There will always be a market because people will always need to buy new ones. And as stated elsewhere, as more people...
We are starting to get the point and we are starting to move on. Only we are moving to Hackintoshes or Windows machines since Apple doesn't have the type of product we want.
[QUOTE=Carmissimo;1869267 I don't agree that a mid-range desktop would fail to impact Mini sales. It would devastate them. Same money but far more performance. Do the math. Trumping the Mini would be insanely easy for Apple to do. [/QUOTE] Price point is the key. If Apple were to come out with a mid range Mac I doubt it would lower iMac sales more than 15%. Why? There are too many consumers, people who just buy computers or other products without doing much in the way...
But without that mid range product Apple is losing sales whether it admits it or not. The numbers may be small but they are real. Every Hackintosh is a lost sale (at least the hardware part of it). Not every one of those would have bought a mid range Mac but some of them would have. I've been using Macs for close to 20 years. But I find that my computer needs do not fit within Apple's current product line up. So what does Apple want me to do? Buy an all in one even though...
I think the Cube was before its time. Back then enough horsepower couldn't be squeezed into a package that small. But today the horsepower of the iMac could be put into a cube sized Mac. But I must agree with your statement that it needs to be designed for serviceability. And a mid range Mac (the type of Mac I want) could lead to more overall sales. After this weekend messing with my mother in laws Windows PC I was thinking how either a mini or iMac might be a good...
Doesn't matter one bit what they've done with the iMac. I'll never buy an all in one. The mini is below my needs and the Mac Pro is overkill. So with its current offerings Apple has separated this buyer into a clear category that Apple doesn't have. I would gladly pay $1500 for a Mac the size pictured above.
Yeah, yeah. But will this growth make Apple come out with a mid sized Mac? I don't see too many businesses willing to take a chance on all in ones for its most important computers. It's easy to go grab any monitor to keep running. Having to do without a business computer when it has to be sent out to fix the built in monitor is not something I would want to do. The Mac Pro is overkill for lots of normal business use but the mini has certain limitations that restrict its use.