or Connect

Posts by MacTac

I deal with several regulatory departments at both the local and federal level of government and with various contractors. They require electronic files to be delivered on CD/DVD. So yes, I do use them, I need to use them and will continue to use them as long as the departments I deal with require them.
And as such a desktop computer does not need to be pencil thin and exclude things that people need and use just so that some designer can brag how thin it is, in a dimension that doesn't really matter.
So many here will never get it. Apple goes through a huge amount of time and effort in making its products look good, But with no consumer level desktop computer with internal expansion that look that Apple worked so hard for is ruined by having to resort to non matching third party external devices.   Sometimes I think even Apple doesn't get it.   I'm all for Apple having a Mac Pro. But that still doesn't do anything about the gap in the product line. The consumer is...
  So many people think we want something magical. We don't. We just want something positioned between the iMac/mini and the Mac Pro. But we want it to offer a case and expansion that leans toward the Mac Pro side instead of the no expansion hard to get into side of the iMac/mini.
The xMac begins with an easy to open case. No putty knives, no suctions cups, nothing that you would find in a automotive body shop in order to get inside. Then it has some internal expansion. Meaning it even if it comes well equipped there is still room for one more device than the factory offers. My own needs would have it include the users choice of installing an internal ODD. And of course it does not have a built in screen. Processors would not be workstation...
You're joking right? Spain going broke and losing 2 existing jobs for every 1 "green" job they create. Germany going "green" and having electric rates go up 61% since 2000. Greece in such economic turmoil that people are having to cut down every tree they can in order to have heat and cook food. That's logical? No they have pushed the responsibility from the pedestrian to the automaker. Pedestrian Impact Standards are why cars are getting blocky front ends with tall...
I would gladly pay $1500 for an iMac inside a case with some expansion that did not include a built in monitor.   I'm willing to pay more for OSX and Apple. Just the same I am not going to buy something from Apple if it doesn't meet my needs and wants.   Right now I'm not buying.
But is a mid range desktop Mac part of that incredible stuff?
Let's see. No mid range sans monitor desktop Mac. Not even the choice any longer of a user installed internal optical drive on the Mini and the IMac. No, I see no reason sales are flat.
Or more people use optical drives than Apple thought and they don't want to be forced to use an external one when a desktop computer should have internal room for it? Just a thought.