or Connect

Posts by MacTac

I had a similar idea for a mid range desktop Mac. One or two docks on top for charging iPods and iPhones. My family is constantly charging their phones all over the house and leaving the charger plugged in. And of course they can't remember where they last used it so they can't find it. I also thought it would be nice to have built in speakers that could be used by the docked devices even if the computer isn't turned on.
Now if only Apple would understand this.
We install according to the specs when we bid the jobs. There is a little thing called a contract. We do install a lot of fiber but most of that is between buildings. Inside is still mostly copper.
We sure install a lot of Cat 5 and Cat 6 cable and data jacks in new businesses, stores, schools, hospitals, etc for ethernet to be going away like some people think. Sure we install more wireless nodes now but we haven't seen any business willing to trust wireless completely.
Put that in an easy to open case and that is the type of Mac I want to buy.
I'm actually holding off on purchases of any other Apple products while I wait for the Mac desktop that meets my needs. (I don't need a Xeon Mac Pro but I need something that has some expansion like the Mac Pro case just not as big.) I see no reason to support Apple financially buying their other products that I don't find as necessary to own while I can't get the one product I really wish to have.
What mini model was ever big enough for the current two hard drives and an optical drive? Your solution is for me to give up something in order to get something. Apple has already done that.
Make it large enough to offer an open drive slot to allow the option of an internal optical drive for those of us that use it.  
Back in 2004 I was taking drafting and GIS courses. One project I did was to take an actual rail car chlorine spill and model it using software. I then showedhow that spill would have affected my own city. I even contacted the EPA for information on the size and location of the hole in the tank car. In doing on line research on tank cars (size, volume, thickness) some sites had all the information available. Some sites (railroad companies) had removed the information...
I'm looking at it from the opposite end. It won't be death but I see tablets taking a huge bite out of laptop sales. I have never wanted or needed a laptop. I've always been a desktop guy. But the iPad is making me think that a portable tablet would be a nice supplement to a desktop computer. When and if Apple ever gets on the ball and offers a mini tower. I refuse to get locked into something that has no expansion and is hard to open. I'm an adult. I don't need a...