or Connect

Posts by pk22901

Doubt you may, but Apple will allow upgrades to the internals: What's the difference between an expensive aWatch vs a traditional expensive watch? One of them is obsoleted within 2 years and the other's treasured for 30 and more years. "......unless you can upgrade the internals,..." ​Here's how it's going to go: Buy $5k gold watch 2014 Upgrade internals each year for $400.
I can't call it the worst joke of the day given Samsung's habitual anti-Apple attack ads. (Well deserved.) ((But some may think the ads are the cats' pajamas. It's a matter of the 'I' of the beholder.))
I heard a trusted report saying that Apple closed the deal with many merchants because Apple's solution did not want access to customer purchase info. OTOH, Google //admantly insisted// on customer, location, product, and time info for its Wallet.
Yeah, I agree. And here's some other cases where it simplifies life the Apple way:   Parents pre funding their childrens' accounts.   Friends  pre funding each other to gift, lend, and pay back debts.   Apple partnering with a service partner guaranteeing payment completion.   Replacing bank certified checks: "As close to cash as you can get" might be the motto.   Again, I do agree there will be cases that aren't attractive.
About Apple offering a 'prefunding' service to an Apple account. Doesn't this completely remove all borrower risk? And also, doesn't this making giving money form one individual to another very easy? If true, Apple could offer the account owner a slice of the pie - 1 to 2% off all purchases wherever the 'card' is presented. What's your view of this prefunding only possibility? Does my view of the matter have legs?
Someone somewhere suggested that IDC and Gartner marketshare numbers should be limited to the top 5, 6, or 10 OEMs. Why? Because the devices sold by the top 5... 10 are not competing in sales to those produced by the super low priced 'others' OEMs which have risen to above 25% marketshare. I think this is a great suggestion. Why not create a table limited to the top 5, 6, or 10 so we can appreciate the marketplace share numbers among true competitor OEMs?
All of you upset about the iPad and iPhone screen size:   Google this: "Apple TV Airplay"
Yes. Metal is used in BioShoch and will be used by all games going forward.
My thinking:   They have no choice. The carnage on Wall St would be horrific if they didn't announce in Sept.   Shipping 4 weeks later. Definitely, a host of iOS 8 and A8 capabilities plus announcements about iHealth/iFitness, iPayments, iIBM, and iSapphire allows the 4 weeks to include huge natural, free hype with no Apple $$$ investment. ($Bs of free ads in the form of a media firestorm. I bet "Willy Wonka" is a required 15 hr course at Apple U.)   Build it and...