or Connect

Posts by syracuse

All he has to do is open up stores across China and he'll be a hero. What a great gig...Will he only pay a 15% tax rate when he sells his stock?
I know you don't care for Analysts in general, but is this guy particularly bad? Can you tag some of his terrible "predictions"?
Just can't see the youngsters buying the "Granny Smith" model
I'm guessing here, but 100 shares doesn't smell like a hedge fund unwinding. Sounds like something my 2yr old would do tapping away on my computer...
Sounds like a "fat finger" or system error...Trades cancelled... BATS is having issues all morning with stock tickers that start with A or B... "Fast Money" trying to hype up news on a quiet day, don't listen to the "talking heads" on that show.
That's a really good point. I lived and worked overseas from 1997 -2004, and did many deals with SE Asian companies. Their ethical and business standards are completely different then U.S. standards.
let me get this straight, you are on this website and NOT a shareholder?
You are correct jragosta, Jobs built a deep bench. But I'm assuming you are not happy with their decision to issue a dividend? You have been pretty outspoken with you negative thoughts on a dividend. You have compared AAPL to MSFT on more then one occasion, are you going to sell your AAPL shares now?
Do you think investors were thinking a dividend/buyback was coming OR do you think it was a complete shock to the market?It certainly wasn't a shock to me. I'm not moving any goal posts, when Cook made those comments they were different from the the past. Sometimes you have to read between the lines Jeffhttp://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories
Tim Cook, at the shareholder's meeting, pretty much telegraphed to the market that they were going to issue a dividend and stock buyback...Tim Cook: “On cash, we’ve been thinking about cash very deeply, the board has been looking into what is in shareholders’ best interest … We’ve spent billions on … Supply chain, retail, etc …. My message there is that the board and the management team are thinking about this very deeply … And we will do what we think is in the best...