or Connect

Posts by rattlhed

Count me as one of those who would have seriously considered moving to an HTC or LG phone had Apple not released a larger phone.  I went for the 6+ and absolutely love it.   I would have probably been OK with a 6 if that's all they released, but I was really wanting a phone with at least a 5" screen.  I'm pretty bound to the Apple ecosystem with my iPad, wife's iPhone 5, and my MB Pro Retina, but if another 4" phone was all Apple offered, it would have been difficult to...
WiFi is horrible under iOS 8.  Cuts out all the time and I get terrible speeds.  I still have my old iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and when my iPhone 6 is crapping out, my iPhone 5 is fast as ever.  Definitely a iOS 8 software issue.  I've been following this issue on Apple's support forums and there are literally hundreds of people experiencing the same issue.
The great thing about the apple case is its not bulky at the bottom so it still allows me to dock my phone in my Bose sound dock. Most cases add material at the bottom that prohibits this. Great design by Apple. The only bad part is $50. Really expensive but I bought one anyway.
I was shocked last night to see the web site never load for the hour and a half I was trying to pre order.  I had the web site, AT&T's web site, my iPhone and iPad all trying to access their store.  About 45 minutes in, I had a transaction going on my iPad, but when I finally got to the part where it wanted my security key off my credit card, the transaction failed and I was forced to abort.  Back to squre one.     Then 45 minutes later I was about to give up, but my...
That cutout PDF was a great idea.  I took my scissors to an Amazon box and used some spray glue to glue 2 layers of carboard together and then the cutout diagram for each phone size.  I currently own a iPhone 5.   I use my iPhone a lot with 1 hand.  Typically I type with my thumb while my pinky cradles under the bottom of the phone for support and other 3 fingers are on the left hand side.  It's a secure feeling, I've never dropped it doing this, and I can control the...
I hate to be the n00b here, but I'm interested in this product.  I have several Windows only programs running on my desktop. If I could run Windows on my Mac just for those few programs, then I could pretty much kiss my desktop goodbye and run my Mac almost exclusively.   So for this product, I assume not only do you need to buy Parallels, but you then have to buy a full version on the Windows product that you want to run?  The initial cash requirement seems pricey after...
Monument Valley is the best iPad game I've ever played.  As I played along, I continued to ask myself "how did they do that".  It's such an original design and so much fun.  I sure hope they do a follow up.
Stop what? Because I'm a huge apple fan I can't wish for product improvements or want them to go in another direction? Apple isn't my first born child. I love them but it's not unconditional. If someone comes out with a better product then I'll give it some serious consideration. So far nobody has, but I definitely keep an eye on the technology that's out there to see what other options there are.
Count me in as one who would be 100% into buying a larger iPhone.  I'm a die hard Apple fan, I own iPods, 2 iPhone 5's, iPad Air and rMBP 15".  I love their ecosystem and quality and performance of their products, but I think it's time they offer their customers an option.  They should absolutely keep the 4" size, but a 5" size phone would be awesome.  I've checked out the GS5, and crappy OS and cheap plastic aside, the screen is amazing. 1080p, super bright and the colors...
I left Verizon several years ago and when to AT&T when the iPhone 3 came out...I've stayed with AT&T because I'm grandfathered in under their unlimited data plan.  But to be honest, their service isn't all that bad and the coverage here is Seattle is pretty solid.  Also, i can upgrade my plan after 18 months (which I did for the iPhone 5) and now that Verizon is pulling this stunt, I have zero desire to ever go back to them.