or Connect

Posts by williamh

Airnerd: Not aware that this requires a data plan. As for your other comments, we'll see.
Using Siri is tough at 200m!
"Under the watch of close friend Jony Ive...." No pun intended, right?
Shortage means that Apple won't have as many phones available at launch as they wanted. JP Morgan says no impact, IMO because people who can't get a new iphone immediately will wait and not switch to a competitor. Apple gets the sale whether it is on launch day or a few weeks later. I think JP Morgan is pretty much correct. They'll lose a few sales to people who don't care much one way or the other. Probably gain some converts due to the additional cachet of a phone...
Damn, I won't be able to use that sandpaper iPhone case I was working on.  I won't be able to carry the phone in my pocket with sandpaper either.  Screw Apple, I am going Samsung.
tt92618, I'm not going to call it crap - but I don't know how well this will work out. I don't think it's an "iPhone killer." I like the pricing - more storage for the price, plus a year of Amazon Prime (costs $99/yr now I think) I don't think it's ugly. I just think these key features are likely to get annoying. But then, some folks didn't think the internet would ever really catch on, so who knows?
That's a cute response.  Many characters in the show "The Simpsons" are not members of the Simpsons "family."   However, the members of the "family" are colored in the same unnatural way as many of the emoji.
I understand their point better, but those emoji do appear to represent Asians rather than "white people."  If someone has a problem with it, they can design a font with any colors of people they wish.
As people go, it's the presence of pigment and not the absence that defines a "person of color."  People aren't made using a "color system."   I really don't understand why the various race-baiting bigots believe that emoji represent "white people," unless they think "white people" are colored like The Simpsons.  Emoji are an Asian thing.  If they're supposed to represent any group, I'd suppose it would be Asians.   The discussion, and the current state of American...
Maybe it just means there are 8 new features in the new OS. Or it's an iPhone with an 8 inch screen! Or a tip-off for Samsung! Hey guys, turgid is the new style!