or Connect

Posts by williamh

You seem to be making this into a bigger problem than it really is.  The hard drive was discontinued.  They need a replacement for that part.  They don't have to re-engineer to support a lightning connector.  They don't have to reinvent the click wheel.  What fans of the original iPod want is more of the same.   I'm not one of those fans.  Apple doesn't need any reason to discontinue it.  The fact that sales volume is small is a perfectly excellent reason. 
Yes, I am basically calling Tim Cook a liar.  It's not that hard to "get."  Apple designs computers, phones, tablets, peripherals, TV streamers etc.  Many of them employ non-standard interfaces internally if not externally but they deal with it.  They develop at least two operating systems, fingerprint sensors, their own line of 64-bit mobile CPUs, a programming language, and God knows what else.  Apple is the one of the most profitable companies with about the largest...
The reengineering argument is just nonsense. If the hard drives were discontinued, Apple could fit the classic with flash storage. It's not that Classic owners demand a hard drive, they want the great sound quality and a lot of storage (and perhaps the simplicity too).
It would not make a difference if it was double Samsung's profit.  The damages should be based on the value of what they stole, not their profit.  They can (and do) sell phones at a loss, but it makes no difference.  What they stole was not something Apple agreed to sell, and it was worth something.  Imagine someone steals some thing valued at $100 from you and sells the final product for a $10 profit.  Your loss was $100, not $10.  
 Perhaps I didn't understand you, but I think I did and we just disagree.
I'll bet it sounded better when the lawyer said it, than when you read it.  The way I understood it (and I can practically hear it) - The lawyer was saying that in that analogy, Samsung was "the cupholder" the party that added little added value to the whole product.
 Google might be having a little trouble with that "don't be evil" thing. I think DDG is great. Make that a default for US and something else where DDG doesn't work well.
 Google might be having a little trouble with that "don't be evil" thing. I think DDG is great. Make that a default for US and something else where DDG doesn't work well.
I'm not in a business where I need a thermal imager. I could imagine using something like this on my house to figure out where I need to insulate. Are there enough applications for this to make it worthwhile for the average person? (Read: this is cool. How do I justify buying one?)
How has this campaign been working out for Microsoft so far?