or Connect

Posts by williamh

This is great. I do all my shopping at House of Hoops :-)
Slurpy, based on the information we have, it appears that the GTAT execs were trading on insider information. Are we presumptuous to assume they knew what was going on between Apple and the company they run? To discuss how things went bad between Apple and GTAT would be speculation. Discussing whether or not those execs acted in bad faith by claiming their company was strong like a month ago while selling shares based on their insider knowledge that things were going...
Really, that's how most "Yanks" do it?  I live in the US but I don't know about "most Yanks."  I can say that I never pay bills with cash and only rarely by signing on a piece of paper.  Most often, I just use electronic billpay.  I'd guess that it's the poorer folks that rely on cash and checks.  I think you've got poor folks in Euro-land, don't you?   If  one wants to make observations about backwardness, one would probably not want to be from an area abound with...
Great article, most informative. There are a lot of products Apple is working on for which we haven't heard any rumors yet, and they also won't be announced at the Thursday event.
 It just occurred to me that Apple could potentially implement TouchID on the Mac using the TPM platform, which I think has been on the Mac motherboard since the switch to Intel.  I know the first Macbook Pro had it but I don't know about subsequent models.
Two people quickly observed what I forgot, which is the secure enclave.  I suppose they could use an ARM coprocessor or they'd have to implement it another way.  Continuity is a great idea for payments but I don't know if it would address authenticating to the computer in the first place.  In any case, I think you successfully quashed my idea for a touch id on the desktop. By the way, I would have put it on the Magic Trackpad for the desktops.  Yes, there would be a...
No rumors to this effect, but I think it's time they added Touch ID to all Macs as well. That is the feature I am hoping for. We wouldn't use Apple Pay but we could use it to authenticate to the computer, to access keychain, websites, etc.
Rogifan: Some manufacturers count a sale when a phone is sold to a carrier. Sell-through indicates that the phone sold to the end-user and isn't on the shelf or in the stockroom of a store somewhere.
Airnerd: Not aware that this requires a data plan. As for your other comments, we'll see.
Using Siri is tough at 200m!