or Connect

Posts by williamh

Doesn't sound like the company has anything at all. No technology. No customers. No particularly genius employees. Their "product" sounds like little more than crap ideas someone might come up with in a few minutes over a pitcher of beer.
Awesome analogy.
 I agree and think the ink is the issue.  From Wikipedia (I know it's not that reliable - see excerpt below) I see that the inks can contain all sorts of things that could interfere with sensors.  Heck, one might set off a metal detector. I don't really want to get into the tattoo debate (don't care for them but it's your body and free-ish country) but I don't think Apple should be reluctant to include a feature just because a tattoo might interfere. Piercings interfere...
I have to have the full version of Microsoft office or this thing is completely useless.
Do you really need tags to figure out simple things?  If yes: That's a rhetorical question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
I don't see Lichtenstein in this. I happened to visit MoMA on Friday and saw his work, which I like a lot. (my daughter bought a print of one of his pieces). I definitely see the inspiration of Haring and just plain imitation of Britto.Recall Apple/Jobs was upset about essentially competing against their own work with Samsung. That is essentially what Britto has to do here. It is almost exactly his style. Apple didn't do anything wrong, they shouldn't have to pay...
I may have exaggerated my level of diligence. I listened to the 90 sec previews in iTunes. In any event, you reinforce my point that similarities are enough to prevail in a lawsuit. I don't think this one is a stretch at all. One could easily think that the images were produced by the original artist.
Actually, the Estate of Marvin Gaye successfully sued Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams over the song "Blurred Lines," because it had a similar style.  I listened to the two songs back to back and didn't really hear it myself. . . .  so I don't have a hard time believing this guy can prevail in his lawsuit. http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/12/entertainment/blurred-lines-lawyer-billboard-feat/
One of those hilarious April 6th pranks? If you check the LG press release, you will see that they referred to the iMac.  BTW, press release also not on April1 .