or Connect

Posts by williamh

I don't think that's what Apple is doing.  I think they know what they want it to do and they're incorporating what's needed into the next version of iOS and MacOS.  My guess is the iWatch will be more of a partner to the phone than anything Samsung has offered.  Perhaps the watch will be another factor for unlocking the phone.  I expect it will be bundle of sensors to feed additional data to the phone and display notifications from the phone.  I don't think the primary...
Given that we can already use iPhones for mobile payments, does the NFC chip add enough convenience to justify the expense, etc?  Can't Apple do well enough without it?
I think technically you are correct, but it doesn't really work that way. I think the trade takes 3days to settle before you're the "shareholder of record." And in any event, the shares will open down by about the dividend amount after it's paid.
Greg in Prague: I don't think that will work. I'm not an accountant, etc but the debt and the eurozone cash are held by different legal entities.
Let's hope that the company gets their device to work properly with iOS7. (Maybe iOS7.1?) Since the OS update, the Automatic does not work automatically on an iPhone 5s. Maybe they should just call it Manual. When it was working, it was great. I learned to change my driving habits a little bit and got 15% better gas mileage. Not just according to the app, also according to my odometer.
Who wants to watch YouTube on TV?   That's one of the main things we use the AppleTV for, and here's why:  In addition to Justin Bieber and videos of kittens and hamsters, there is a vast number  of archived television shows and movies from around the world. Part of my family is from Russia, and we watch a lot of Russian tv on Youtube, through the AppleTV to our TV.  The quality is generally excellent.
You guys are awfully defensive about the AppleTV.  Roku sold 5million units a lot faster than Apple sold 5 million units, and it's not a hobby for them.  The only way Google will sell any of their $35 dongles is because folks haven't heard of Roku.  For $15 more, you get a MUCH better device.   We have had an AppleTV for a number of years, starting with the first version, and then the first small version.  I started out using it just to stream media from a home...
Most of this commentary is utterly uninformed.  I sold quite a bit of my AAPL shares about a month or so ago so I can speak to this better than most of you.     One might sell in anticipation of a generally bad stock market ahead of the "fiscal cliff."  I think people expect our elected "leaders" to resolve that, but there is quite a lot of uncertainty.  One could sell now to lock in the gains at the current tax rate, and buy it back.   I had (and have) AAPL in...
Not good that the data wasn't secured, but the publisher deserves credit for coming forward with it.
Two thoughts: 1) The parts could be something in the supply chain for a Chinese knock-off. Not necessarily Apple parts. 2)  This screen will be much easier to replace than the screen of the iPhone 4/4S.  To replace the 4 screen, you have to completely disassemble the phone - taking out nearly everything including the logic board.  This one will be like the 3/3GS, in that you only need to remove 2 screws and lift it (and carefully detach cables.).