or Connect

Posts by williamh

If you happen to be a Chinese person, that second condition isn't exactly a deal-breaker. Sharing a room with 7 other guys . . .
If you have a MBA and often find you need an ethernet port, I can understand your criticism. If you don't yet have a MBA and think you will often need one, you may find you don't. When I got my MBA, I bought the USB-ethernet adapter at the same time. When the adapter remained in the package for a few months, I got rid of it. I like the current arrangement that keeps the MBA nice and light and small and elegant. The USB-ethernet adapter ought to be fine for people...
Hasn't the failure of Flash on mobile platforms been proven well enough? Apple was absolutely right to keep it off of iOS. It's time for websites to stop using it.
How about doing a story where you go inside some US factories where nobody is working?
With trademark issue, it doesn't matter where the iPads are made. China is a huge market for Apple, and the trademark dispute would arise even if the iPads were made in the US (which is preposterous). So long as we pay people to not work, they will never accept work like assembling iPads.
"We've learned and struggled for a few years here figuring out how to make a decent [TV]," [Mosely] apparently laughed about with [] last Thursday morning. "PC guys are not going to just figure this out. They're not going to just walk in." Remember when that Palm CEO made wisecracks like that? http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/21/p...hs-off-iphone/ Yeah, we were all just watching that on our Palm Treos and Palm (what were the new ones called? LOL!)
I don't expect that many Apple customers HAVE a VCR anymore.
Amazon expects you to stream the content, not store it on the device. It doesn't help that it's Wifi only, but they probably expect people to use these things more on the couch, toilet, and at Star$. As a web browser, reader, etc., the storage on a Kindle Fire is about adequate. If you want more, spend more. (I did.)
Yes, these people do realize that. And yet, the iPhone, which uses the same OS and many of the same apps is sold in an 8gb variation. That despite the fact that iPhone users are more likely to want to have their music collections, etc. on the device. For many use cases, more storage isn't useful. I know some companies that are issuing iPads to access online resources, hardly any local storage is needed. Obviously more storage is better for most of us, but for the entry...
I think they'll do the same thing they did with the phone. Not a 16gb iPad2 but an 8gb iPad2 as the entry level, lowest price product.