or Connect

Posts by williamh

I don't expect that many Apple customers HAVE a VCR anymore.
Amazon expects you to stream the content, not store it on the device. It doesn't help that it's Wifi only, but they probably expect people to use these things more on the couch, toilet, and at Star$. As a web browser, reader, etc., the storage on a Kindle Fire is about adequate. If you want more, spend more. (I did.)
Yes, these people do realize that. And yet, the iPhone, which uses the same OS and many of the same apps is sold in an 8gb variation. That despite the fact that iPhone users are more likely to want to have their music collections, etc. on the device. For many use cases, more storage isn't useful. I know some companies that are issuing iPads to access online resources, hardly any local storage is needed. Obviously more storage is better for most of us, but for the entry...
I think they'll do the same thing they did with the phone. Not a 16gb iPad2 but an 8gb iPad2 as the entry level, lowest price product.
I seriously think a "Pro" model will still use conventional HD in addition to an SSD boot drive. There will be plenty of room for it. You'll get wired ethernet too. The only thing you'll need to give up is the optical drive. There would be room for one, but they're the floppy drive of the 21st century. They add cost and weight and most people never or rarely use them. Since I got a MBA, I've rarely missed it. I got an external DVDRW and I think I used it once.
You sure are lucky you were born where you were. The main problem with that $30b quote is that it is total BS. Assuming it were true, there's that give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day thing.. . . Knowing that it isn't true, the UN is a corrupt organization that would waste more than that to feed a small part of the hungry, and the UN would never address or even acknowledge the actual causes of hunger in much of the world. Take North Korea for example. . . . most of...
Apple can announce a dividend in any amount they think they can sustainably pay out. The dividend yield is a percentage of the share price. Thus, if the dividend amount stays the same, the yield will rise and fall with the price of the stock. We're talking about a potential $5-$10/share dividend, I think.
Great way to distribute that cash horde to the proletarians. Only problem is that if packing fruit is work that "Americans don't want to do," how do you think you'll get people to put together iPhones? It's pretty difficult and tedious work. The workers won't be more productive and they will cost much more, and that will lead to a non-competitive retail price. I'm sure you feel really badly for those people that volunteer to work in Chinese factories, but you'll be...
Actually .. . XBMC can now be installed on ATv2. That's not all of Boxee, but I think that's what most people want.
Two Words: Top Gear Top Gear UK really rocks. Look for their trips across Africa, South America, the Middle East, etc. Those are the best. I watched a really incredible movie a few days ago, IP Man - you seriously won't regret finding that one. It's about the master who taught Bruce Lee and his experience during the Japanese occupation of Manchuria. Might sound a bit obscure or too educational, but really this is an amazing flick.