or Connect

Posts by Freshmaker

I'm hoping they offer some sort of discount (however modest) on their notebooks.  I am planning on getting my wife a 13" Macbook Air for Christmas to replace her plastic Toshiba pos.  Free Applecare perhaps?  Come on Apple make me a deal 
The judge probably gave them some guidance, but they most likely just took the average of what the jurors each thought was fair. I was on a jury once where a lady sued her homebuilder, and wanted $1M in damages.  We essentially sided with the builder.  One guy wanted to give her like $5M, but we threw that out and wound up giving her $40k.  Her reaction when we read the verdict was priceless.  We found out afterwards from the defense attorneys that they had offered her...
I'd be curious to know that as well.  I'm in a similar boat as you.  I have a 5s, and will upgrade to either a 6 or 6+ next summer.  I like the NFC addition and would love to use Apple Pay.  On the flip side, I've got a 1st gen iPad Mini that still works great for me.  I mainly use it for books, some light gaming and keeping up with football scores on the weekends.  I'm leaving it on iOS 7 for the moment - not sure how well it would run 8 (if there's even a difference). I...
How would Apple be able to buy back so many shares?  Icahn mentions their $133B in liquidity, but my understanding is that a large portion of that is held in foreign banks.  If they repatriate it to buy back stock they would have to pay taxes on it.  How do they get around that?
I've got a 2006 IS 250, and it seems to be working fine for me.  First attempt after going to 8.0.2 it dropped the call before I could answer, but has been working fine since.  Haven't tried a podcast/music yet though.  I've only used it for calls.
Oh yeah, definitely more functionality than a Fitbit.  Was just pointing out that you can get some of the data that way.  Great point on the cost of bike shirts.  I was thinking more of technical running shirts, which aren't the same quality as bike shirts.
Pretty cool.  Now if we could just get Glass to hook up with iOS we'd really be in business.  Would be pretty cool to have that data available in a HUD.  $399 is a pretty steep pricepoint when you can get some of the data already by wearing a Fitbit, but I'm sure the cost will come down quickly.
Heh...was hoping to upgrade to 8 once 8.0.1 came out.  Looks like I'll be waiting 8.0.2.
Could always open it up and take a gander. 
Looks beautiful IMO.  Not sure if I'll buy one, but I'm definitely intrigued.  Looks a lot better than I was anticipating.