or Connect

Posts by Freshmaker

Wow...almost 1 million to charity from these 2 auctions for a grand total of 2 hours of his time.  That's really impressive!  Great job Tim.  Kudos to you.
"You must construct additional pylons..."
If nothing else, Apple put a tremendous amount of pressure on Google to improve their product.  Google Maps on iOS has gotten a lot better since Apple Maps was released.  GM now has turn by turn directions, for example.  If it wasn't for Apple, I doubt we would have seen as many improvements this quickly.  So even if I don't like AM, I'm glad they're still working on it.
Good to see innovation is alive and well!  /s
Is waiting in line in the cafeteria to order and get your food included in the hour?   On a serious note, very nice thing of Cook to do.   He's going to raise a lot of money for charity by doing this.
The dividend would be divided by 7 also, otherwise the yield would be ungodly.  Not that I'm against that.  :)
Essentially you're getting 7x the shares of stock that are valued at 1/7th the per-share price.  So, hypothetically, instead of having 1 share of stock that's priced at $700, you'd have 7 shares that are priced at $100. Generally speaking, this is a good thing.  It will make it more "affordable" to buy Apple stock, and could drive up the price more as smaller investors buy in.  As an example based on AAPL's closing price today of $524.75, the after-split price would be...
Well if they both use the same Ecuadorian attorney then it must be true!  Case closed.
But how do you take selfies?
 Yeah that could very well be true.  Google just gets some love because some of the far-in-the-future stuff that they're working on (self-driving cars, contact lenses that can monitor glucose levels), plus the robotics purchases and Glass.  While Apple makes money hand over fist, they haven't announced any new product lines in awhile.  They're the most profitable company on the planet, have the highest valuation, and the most valuable brand.  "No new products" is about the...