or Connect

Posts by benanderson89

I have Windows 8 on an Asus Vivobook S200e and its actually a nice OS on specifically designed hardware. However, the only reason its actually nice to use is because the laptop has a touch screen and its a small 11" screen. Without the touchscreen it just becomes cumbersome - I have it on a second partition on my MacPro and good lord I hate using it on there. No touch screen and the giant 27" monitor makes throwing the mouse pointer into the corners feel clunky; as does...
Processor emulation was (and still is) pig dog slow compared to real machines with regards to recent developments - processors from over a decade ago we still cannot emulator correctly (EG: Sony Emotion Engine from the PS2). Getting the full feature set of an x86 chip would be just as difficult if not more so. Dual Booting is a far better option and x86 based Macintosh computers offer this, and this is crucial for a lot of people.   Although older versions of OSX had...
I can see it in a small OSX powered tablet device. Oh wait. iPad with a different GUI layer. Never Mind!   Well I'm stumped, who on earth would want an ARM Macintosh device? Even the most bubble-headed of users require some form on Intel x86 application; even if its something as trivial as Microsoft Word or Skype.   Plus, Apple machines can run full-fat Windows and Apple probably sell quite a bit of hardware with that as one of the selling points. I know WindowsRT is the...
I know this is an Apple forum and bashing Microsoft is like some kind of state sponsored sport on here, but I don't think everyone should be so negative so quickly.   I love Apple, everything bar my phone is Apple, but they need some stiff competition in the portable market that Android simply does not provide; Microsoft is dishing it out in spades and Apple is too busy eyeballing Google (and making products to compete directly with them) to notice MS coming up...
Can't tell if trolling...
An upgrade would be nice if only for the sheer sake of higher numbers. I'd love the current tower (maybe a little more square) but in the slate colour Apple are now using - I think that would be quite a sight! Maybe a horizontal silver or glossy black stripe across the side. Some tasteful red LEDs ala CM-5 and you're onto a winner in my books.          *note to self: doodle this in Photoshop tonight*
The current MacPro is still a good machine. Not the bottom end 4-core version, that's just a waste of money. But the next model up (the Uni-Processor W3680 6-core Xeon with 1333MHz RAM) has the same performance as the Equivalent and current 6-core Sandy Bridge model (E5-2640). USB3 PCIe cards can be dropped into the Mac Pro, thunderbolt isn't very widespread yet and Drivers for loads of graphics cards are within OSX Mountain Lion. Cards like the nVidia GeForce GTX 670...
ClearType = makes fonts appear smoother on lower resolution screens. iPad Display = pretty much everything including a respectable sRGB colour spectrum. Maybe we should put padding on the walls at Microsoft and not allow the employees to use anything sharper than a crayon.
Not to mention that Asus have already announced the Vivo with a REAL keyboard that turns into a REAL laptop. Stylus input as standard too (it actually looks very nice and very impressive) Even the RT version of the Vivo comes with a keyboard dock.   Yet here comes Microsoft with a magnetic cover with a few lines cut into it in the hope that it will stop people from making mistakes when having a conversation about Banana Nut Muffins.