or Connect

Posts by benanderson89

Maybe get a faster computer matey or optimise the one you have. I use/used Photoshop CS5.1 on a Core i3 Sandy Bridge, Core i3 380M, Core i7 Sandy Bridge and a Core i5 480M. All of them ran smooth as silk. Hell, even on a Pentium it ran okay and didn't flatten the computer into giblets.   The bugs, yes, I still see some residual quirks but nothing that causes me a major problem. I've had nothing crash on me (yet). The stuff you say should be the same across all the...
Why the hate towards Adobe? Yeah, Flash on iOS fiasco was a chore to sit through; but other than that they're the #1 creative media software publisher for a reason. They do have competition in the market place (you're ignorant if you think they don't) - If you don't like Adobe Premiere then go for the next best Alternative; Sony Vegas. If you don't like Photoshop Elements then go download GIMP2.8 or purchase Pixelmator.   Easy. :)   For professional image editing I've yet...
Yet another thing that reassures me that I made the right choice jumping from an iPhone 4 to a Lumia 900.   Android has Google Maps with street view, public transport and turn by turn navigation. Nokia's Lumia range has Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps and Nokia Transport. Soon it will even feature Augmented Reality via City Lens!   Apple has... a barely functional bit of tat with a 3D gimmick.   I wouldn't hold my breath for Apple giving this the attention it...
Aside form iMac stock issues, I've also noticed stock of the Thunderbolt Display getting rather low as well. Argos and PCWorld sold off every one they had at a discount (£100 off) with no restock date. Amazon UK doesn't even list it anymore (and by that I mean its not sold and shipped by Amazon themselves in the listings). Maybe we'll see an updated version with USB 3?
The PS3 does have Multi-tasking of sorts with Music and Chatting (video, audio and text) - but I was referring to graphics ram anyway, not system memory so its kind of moot in that regard. Graphics RAM does hit a brick wall after a certain point, no denying that, but more often than not it can be circumvented by either lowering the resolution or over clocking the card. The latter being the more desirable, of course. Although I have not tried with my own MacBook Pro...
Graphics RAM isn't as important as you may think. Take a look at the PS3 - I've got Crysis 2, I play it in 3D in HD and it runs smooth as silk and looks absolutely stunning. Even though the RSX GPU in the PS3 only has 256MB of DDR3 memory it can achieve better performance than most 1GB Desktop Cards I've seen.   Graphics RAM is (mostly) for the number of pixels a system can display at once. More GRAM means higher resolutions and/or multiple monitors. The power of the...
Android is, indeed, just a bloated mess. But if you run around the Internet a little bit, you'll find that loads of people complain about inconsistencies with the reported RAM size on Android devices quite frequently.   Take my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, for example:     This device is advertised as having 1GB of RAM - yet I only have 687MB to play with. Is it wired to the Android System? If it is, why limit the operating system to 337MB of RAM? Why is there a clear memory...
Yet in South Korea, Samsung's home Territory, they were in favour of Apple and Samsung is now being investigated by the Fair Trade Commission.   Just thought I'd throw that in there. :)
Everything after NFC just sounds like they started making up shit.   What the hell is Palm Touch Mute Pause? It sounds like something you'd see in those badly translated instruction manuals you get with cheap Chinese electronics from eBay.
HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE 11,3 IMAC SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE IMAC 17? HEY, DID YOU KNOW MAC OS 10.8.1 SHOULD BE MAC OS 19.1? HEY, DID YOU KNOW THE RMBP SHOULD BE THE 25TH ITERATION OF THE MACBOOK FAMILY?           Please note: Numbers were pulled from thine arse.