or Connect

Posts by benanderson89

That's a bit of an over ambitious statement.   SONY and Nintendo make dedicated games machines with AAA game titles from well known franchises and game studios. iOS and similar Android and Windows Phone powered devices have casual games from smaller companies and if there are any games from larger companies, they are usually just small titles no where near the complexity of said AAA games - even the handful of first person shooters you get for iOS (N.O.V.A. for example)...
It seems Apple have adopted the same version numbering scheme as Microsoft. aka: just stick a name on it and ship it regardless of actual version, unless there is a significant difference that even the average Joe can spot at 20 paces.   EG: Windows 2000 = Windows NT 5 Windows eXPerience = Windows NT 5.1 Windows Vista = Windows NT 6 Windows 7 = Windows NT 6.1 Windows 8 = Windows NT 6.2
In the UK, next to no one has NFC. The only one I can name off the top of my head is McDonalds. I've literally not seen it anywhere else. For everywhere else there seems to be an app that displays a barcode that you scan - Starbucks is a prime example. 
How is Apple using a standard USB connector a bad idea? You could literally plug pretty much anything into the phone and have it work if the drivers are available using far cheaper adapters or Micro USB cables. The current connector supports Storage devices, USB Keyboards, MIDI Input and Output and Audio Devices (full speed 16-bit PCM audio at 48KHz input and output - including USB headsets that work with Skype without configuration - even professional Music Equipment)....
I took one look at the picture and was instantly reminded of those cheap Chinese tablets you can buy from eBay or in discount catalogues. Rebadging?
I still have cuts all over my fingers where I had to pick up the glass. The magnetic strip and the nails didn't help either.   I would've kept a desktop tower on my desk anyway - no room underneath it. But I think the main reason that it finally fell off was that the desk didn't have the support. I moved my synthesizer rack away from the desk as it was pressing right against it as I needed to feed some wires through. Didn't push it back, desk finally bowed that little bit...
I think the EFI Might have been a power surge of some description. The iMac was on the same circuit as all my music production gear and synthesizers aren't exactly surge friendly.   Summersault off of a shitty desk. The desk had bowed and the stand on the iMac was slightly wonky. So it fell forward face first onto the desk, but it had enough weight and momentum to then slide off the desk and onto a laminate wood floor.
My 2012 Quad Core i7 iMac has just bitten the bullet. Dead ram sticks, dead ram slots, damaged LCD display and the glass shattered into razor blades of death! Even before that happened something was wrong with the bluetooth and the EFI ROM (it stopped detecting connected disks - both internal and external).   Although I pretty much have to empty my ISA, I will end up having a next gen iMac for actual justified reasons rather than just wanting one.   Bitter...
Welp, nice to know people weren't lying about you. Someone has a different opinion (remember when you said opinions were good?) and you start trying to start a flame war. :)   You can't ignore it, Apple have not done anything noteworthy with the iPhone since the initial release of the iPhone 4. If they follow their usual routine then we will get an A5X, we've seen (right here on this site, actually) that passbook is not a wallet (just a glorified coupon book) and there is...
Or, better argument. He's no longer with us, no longer has influence over Apple, Apple want the money.   That, I think, is worthy of the Pureview branding. That picture in the video looked stunning.