or Connect

Posts by benanderson89

I got a Lumia 900 to replace my iPhone 4 because, and we all know this is true, Apple is getting complacent with the iPhone. They aren't creating new and exciting technology anymore, they're just reacting to the competition: Apple said 7" screens were bad - the market for 7" screens explodes - Apple makes a 7" screen Market for large form factor phones explodes - Apple rush to make a larger screen NFC is becoming the big thing - Apple will include it...
    Lets also not forget the changing needs of applications. Applications require more and more juice as time goes on - Prime example is Photoshop. I've still got Photoshop 7 installed on my HP Slate 2 and it runs like a charm (since the software is from about, what, 2002?) but CS5 just murders the little Atom CPU in that tablet that it becomes unusable for sketching.     I did have a good run with Linux in the mid 2000s when I started college. We had a shared family...
Any producer worth his salt will tell you that it's just a marketing gimmick. 50cent released his own headphones as well, as did snoop dog, and a hand full of others.They're just monster cable headphones with the price jacked up. If they were about £100 cheaper they'd be good, but at the outrageous prices charged for them just makes them really poor value for money. The prices quoted for Beats can get you far better, professional quality studio headsets from Sannheiser or...
These headphones actually have a pretty good about them if they're real - I'm surprised no one has ever thought to direct the audio directly into the ear canal before without having to resort to those horrible inner-ear headphones (that are actually really bad for your years). No he doesn't. He doesn't make any headphones at all. Beat headphones are not worth the money. They are just Monster Cable headphones with his stupid logo slapped on the front with the price hiked...
  This argument is rendered invalid by the following:   Almost all popular iPhone apps have a specially optimized Tablet version.    Lets also not forget that not all Android apps scale correctly. Here is a prime example of a phone app being scaled on a tablet screen:  
So because they both do the same things differently Android must therefore be better because the person in the video says so?
I'm not a massive Apple fanboy - I actually own more Microsoft stuff than I do Apple - but I myself am full of utter glee that Apple has pretty much won this case! I knew Samsung was in trouble when I saw the Galaxy Tab 10.1 sitting next to a Black iPad 2 in Currys one day. I was with my dad picking out a new stereo for him and he pointed to the sammy and went "that new iPad looks nice!" - I went "oh yeah it is", I then had to double take when I realised he was pointing...
No, it is an SMS problem - its exactly the same problem that plagues SMTP but you don't see people throwing bricks at Microsoft's house over outlook. I've owned loads of phones (both feature and smart) including the iPhone and I've gotten spoof SMS messages on all of them. Weather or not the reply-to field is present and is or is not removing the From field from the user's view is irrelevant - if "Reply-To" is set, it will reply to that address, if its not, it will use...
Technically I'm using exim4 to send emails. The sendmail command parses the header information in the text file correctly as well. mailx and mail simply paste the contents of the text file as plain text into the message body.
I'm not surprised, to be honest. I've gotten spam messages like that on almost every phone I've owned, both feature and smart.   SMS is like email in that its just a plain text file and it is embarrassingly easy to spoof. All you need is a UNIX system (Mac, Linux, AIX, HPUX, BSD and so forth), make sure the SMTP software is properly configured and then write whatever you want in a plain text file to send as an email.   All you need is three...