or Connect
AppleInsider › Products › Accessories › Apple Magic Trackpad (MC380LL/A) › Apple Magic Trackpad (MC380LL/A) Reviews

Apple Magic Trackpad (MC380LL/A) Reviews

Showing 3 4-star reviews (see all 4 reviews)

walker4bc

The Apple Magic Trackpad is my favorite pointing device for Macs

Posted

Pros: Easy to use/intuitive, supports multi-touch.

Cons: Not very portable, battery life is just okay.

The Apple Magic Trackpad is definitely my favorite pointing device for Macs. It is very intuitive and supports all of the functionality of a Macbook trackpad, including multi-touch. The only type of control it lacks is force touch, which I suspect will be built into future generations. I would give this device 5 stars if Apple made it more portable. You can read my full review of this device and comparison with the Apple Magic Mouse here: http://gizmorap.com/2015/07/25/which-should-i-buy-apple-magic-mouse-or-apple-magic-trackpad/  
Kathie

Great product

Posted

Pros: Good alternative device for people with disabilities who get tendonitis from prolonged mousing

Cons: Inconsistent features with Mac system upgrades

Hello,   This is a great product. It has made it possible for me to work again, having been partially disabled by recurring tendonitis from the strain of using a mouse or trackball all day long.   However, with the latest OS X system upgrades, tap-drag has gone away and has been replaced by three-finger drag. This is difficult to get used to, difficult to coordinate with my fingers, and slows my productivity. Why do away with something that is working?   Might I suggest and request that Apple brings back the earlier tap-drag feature, and lets the user choose which drag option to use in track-pad preferences?
bcbcbroderick

magic trackpad

Posted

Pros: is cool especially with lion installed on mac and all of its different gestures and things like mission control

Cons: can take a little while to get used to unless you are used to using the trackpad on laptops alot

This is a cool mac accessory. This product works good with mac os x lion and will also work good with the new mountain lion. The magic trackpad is like having a bigger version of the mac laptop trackpad but wireless and bigger with 2 batteries. With the magic track pad and mac os x lion it lets you do things like lots of gestures, zoom into web pages etc easily with a pinch on your iMac etc computer , use mission control easyer, access the dash board with just a swipe, access all desktops etc with a 3 finger swipe up , stroll down web pages, documents etc with just 2 fingers going either up or down of the trackpad. This is good for if you have a desktop mac with lion or later installed...
(read more)
AppleInsider › Products › Accessories › Apple Magic Trackpad (MC380LL/A) › Apple Magic Trackpad (MC380LL/A) Reviews