- Last Active
robertwalter said:All time high?
Did time begin last year?
Because I seem to remember a high around 134 and 1/2. About two years ago.
$700 billion is impressive. But if you take out Net Cash its actually worth less than Google.
Of course, one is doing it with a P/E of 16, and the other a P/E of 30...(P/E's not calculated excluding cash).
designr said:"Apple in fact warns that this layer ismore prone to showing scratching and scuffing, and hence people should use a case if they want to keep a device untarnished."
LOL. They spend all of this time and energy creating this gorgeous shell...and then recommend people cover it. This is in the same vein of phones that are getting so thin that you need a case just to be able to pick them up.
Irony: It's what's for dinner.
1) Not produce such a finish in the first place?
- Consider though that reviewers who had access to the iPhone 7 on Sept. 7th said this was the best looking model.
- Apple gets more than its fair share of criticism that its devices are lacking "dazzle" or "wow factor". One way to do that is to have a really great looking finish.
- Lots of positive press for Samsung with the Edge, even though it makes the device more fragile and has no (real) benefits. But it is "cool"
2) Not recommend a case for those that want to maintain a pristine look for the phone. Wouldn't the complaint then be that Apple wasn't being honest?
3) Make a jet black material with a magic quality that is impervious to any scratches?
In comments during an investor conference call on Tuesday, CFO Luca Maestri said sales were higher than expected, noting iPad captured 85 percent of the market for tablets costing more than $200. The company's earnings release further touted satisfaction and business adoption in a subsequent conference call.
mj web said:When will Tim Cook ever do a solitary thing right? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Pity to watch Apple atrophy under Cook/Schiller inept mismanagement.
There is a lot more to offering a "very good" 4K streaming capability than ability to output a 4K resolution. Just because it is technically possible to output 2160p doesn't mean the h/w could do 4K streaming services, requiring features like
- HDMI 2.0
- HDCP 2.2
- Next generation codec (e.g. HEVC/H.265) to enable a high quality stream to be delivered at a bitrate that reasonable for a large number of broadband connections (a good quality 1080p@60fps stream encoded with H.264 takes about 10Mbps - 4K would be about 4 times that). To get to sub 20Mbps with a high quality 4K@60fps takes the next generation codecs. The royalty issues here have not yet been fully addressed, but maybe enough for Apple to take the plunge.
So, doing "4K right" is a big h/w feature set. One would assume that this means updated SoC and related internals, and perhaps more storage at each tier to support 4K graphics games.
Other than an updated Siri Remote (which I agree with - and why not something cool like induction charging on top of ATV with magnetic attachment ala Apple Watch style...), what other features are people wanting, given that this device is clearly not going to be a cable/satellite STB, not contain a HDD for recording live OTA TV, etc?
This is why Apple is great.
So easy to get an update. Other companies don't even give updates.
Airpods + Watch = future
Clear as day that Apple is dominating wearables and will continue to dominate.
All the critics said Airpods were crap. WRONG. Sold out for months.
All the critics said Macbook sucked. WRONG. Most Mac revenue EVER last quarter.
All the critics said iPhone7 was crap with no headphones. WRONG. Most iPhones sold EVER.
All the critics said Apple can't do services. WRONG. 150 million paid subscribers and $25 billion in revenue. And will double revenue in 4 years.
jesusfreak said:This is all swell, but they need to update their core products like the MacPro, the Mac Mini, and do better with the Macbook. They are leaving money on the table.
The Macbook was updated last year. Hopefully they do so again this year. What is it that it needs to do better right now? I hope you are not thinking thicker, more ports, fan to handle a much more powerful CPU....