The Big and Bad One and Only iPhone Thread!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So, if you think it's coming, what do you think it will have with it? Also, what names do you think it might have? Discuss.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff View Post

So, if you think it's coming, what do you think it will have with it? Also, what names do you think it might have? Discuss.

What names? Cisco, Linksys, and iPhone...

OK, for an iPhone, my predictions:

1. It makes heavy use of Sync Center/iSync

2. It uses Address Book for it's Contacts on Mac OS X, and Outlook/Outlook Express/Mail on the PC side.

3. It uses iCal on the Mac side, and Outlook/Windows Calendar on the PC side

4. It uses iTunes and iPhoto for Pictures/Music/Possibly Video on the Mac side, and iTunes on the PC side

5. Built in iChat AV client (but no Windows iChat AV client, it would be useless, because it doesn't need to sync anything with iChat, all Contacts are synced Server side, or in Address Book/Outlook/Outlook Express/Mail)

6. A Built in Photo Booth for the Camera, kind of like what my phone has now (with less effects)

7. .Mac sync for extra features :P

8. If they add a browser, then it will be basically a Mobile Safari

9. One feature that I would simply LOVE would be the ability to Sync my SMS/MMS Inbox/Outbox into Mail. Perhaps I'm alone on this...

10. Personally I would rather have Apple as an MVNO then to sell Unlocked, I'm not sure it's realistic to say they will be MVNO though.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Can't wait to see IF a iPhone will be introduced.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Only losers hang out in this thread. There are like 5 million new iPhone threads more popular than this.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    The more I think about it, the more I like:

iPod communicator

It harkens back to original Star Trek device, which even looks a bit like an iPod:

Communicator from Star Trek, The Original Series

and the name iPod communicator has these benefits:
    1. it describes what this iPod will do

2. fits in the product naming sequence (iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod communicator)

3. fits nicely with other futuristic, spacey themes that Apple is adopting - Leopard's Time Machine, the 2001: A Space Odyssey black monolith of the home page, Steve Jobs' RDF generator...

4. and just the general tech cultural coolness of blending iPod with classic Trek.

• Reply 5 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Only losers hang out in this thread. There are like 5 million new iPhone threads more popular than this.

So I guess you're a loser for hanging around in a Loser thread

To add to my predictions:

11. The phone will not be branded as a "Phone" but will instead be sold as what Cell Phones really are, a mini personal computer.

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

But who was the first person to make one?! Look at the dates!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Well, there's no reason to call this thread the iPhone thread. Linksys already has the iPhone, and they have had rights to the name well before Apple ever started using the "i" line of products.