German court tosses Samsung's 3G patent suit, Apple's slide-to-unlock complaint

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bsginc View Post

I guess I must assume you a frivolous.

Guess again. You need not assume anything like that.
  • Reply 102 of 114
    f1ferrarif1ferrari Posts: 262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Not quite "sarcastic". But the fact you cite is real.

I've often wondered why the sauce for the gander is so seldom served around here.

But I'm learning. Yesterday, for example, I learned a little about "iconic marketing". It is an attempt to make people associate a product with themselves, with ownership of the product being a part of their identity.

Seemingly, Apple does it very, very well. Better than Pepsi with their "Pepsi Generation" campaign, and better than Dr. Pepper with their "I'm a Pepper" campaign. Better even than Marlboro with their Cowboy associations.

The whole thing makes me sick. Otherwise rational people buy into it way too often.

It amazes me that some still think of Apple as a scrappy little company run by a bunch of rebels. It saddens me when people consider themselves to Think Different because they buy the most popular available telephone.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. And they will pay you outsized profits to allow it to be done to them.

If you don't like Apple, you don't have to come to an APPLE rumors site and post about not liking APPLE. Why even burn the calories? I don't understand that mentality. I don't care for the New York Yankees, so I'm not going to go to a Yankees site and post about how much I dislike what happens in Yankee-world. If you're so starved for attention that riling up the people who do frequent a rumors site about a company you don't care for, might I suggest finding a hobby or reading a book?
  • Reply 103 of 114
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Not quite "sarcastic". But the fact you cite is real.

I've often wondered why the sauce for the gander is so seldom served around here.

But I'm learning. Yesterday, for example, I learned a little about "iconic marketing". It is an attempt to make people associate a product with themselves, with ownership of the product being a part of their identity.

Seemingly, Apple does it very, very well. Better than Pepsi with their "Pepsi Generation" campaign, and better than Dr. Pepper with their "I'm a Pepper" campaign. Better even than Marlboro with their Cowboy associations.

The whole thing makes me sick. Otherwise rational people buy into it way too often.

It amazes me that some still think of Apple as a scrappy little company run by a bunch of rebels. It saddens me when people consider themselves to Think Different because they buy the most popular available telephone.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. And they will pay you outsized profits to allow it to be done to them.

...or like me they just like stuff that works and is not annoying to use, hence my purchase of several Apple products as they fulfil these needs.
  • Reply 104 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

...or like me they just like stuff that works and is not annoying to use, hence my purchase of several Apple products as they fulfil these needs.

You are not the kind of Apple customer I am referring to.
  • Reply 105 of 114
    f1ferrarif1ferrari Posts: 262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Exactly. I fought Windows powered computers from version 2.11 to XP, and when I switched to Mac 2 years ago (halo effect from upgrading to an iPhone), I discovered how much computing you can get done when you don't have to fight your devices to have them work together. Apple products do that, without all the fuss and muss.
  • Reply 106 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Ferrari View Post

Exactly. I fought Windows powered computers from version 2.11 to XP, and when I switched to Mac 2 years ago (halo effect from upgrading to an iPhone), I discovered how much computing you can get done when you don't have to fight your devices to have them work together. Apple products do that, without all the fuss and muss.

The interoperability of Apple products is one of the best things about them.
  • Reply 107 of 114
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,153member
    Now make it at least 243 times Apple has been sued for IP infringement.

Remember Apple settling with Nokia last year, cross-licensing several patents in the process? And do you recall Nokia and Microsoft cooperating with a patent holding company named Mosaid? That holding company has now sued Apple for 8 counts of patent infringement on standards-essential claims. . .

and using Nokia FRAND-pledged patents to do so!

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...a-patents.html

Electronista predicted this was coming in September of last year.

http://www.electronista.com/articles...eless.patents/
  • Reply 108 of 114
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

We don't know that the court said that. The article is silent as to WHY.

Wait - I take that back.

The court never heard the case. They could not have made any decision as to the merits.

What part of "the judge ruled" do you not understand? The judge is the court. It's official. Maybe it's not the same court system as whatever planet you come from, but it's the court nonetheless.
  • Reply 109 of 114
    bsgincbsginc Posts: 78member
    Quote:

Guess again. You need not assume anything like that.

Oh. But I must. I must.
  • Reply 110 of 114
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Ferrari View Post

If you don't like Apple, you don't have to come to an APPLE rumors site and post about not liking APPLE. Why even burn the calories? I don't understand that mentality. I don't care for the New York Yankees, so I'm not going to go to a Yankees site and post about how much I dislike what happens in Yankee-world. If you're so starved for attention that riling up the people who do frequent a rumors site about a company you don't care for, might I suggest finding a hobby or reading a book?

I agree completely, but it's a lost cause. People like him just need attention - no matter what they have to do to get it. If he wasn't here, he'd be dancing naked in Times Square.

The really humorous part is how people like that try to turn it around and call Apple fans names and sheep and so on. But if you think about it, it's perfectly normal and understandable that if someone has a product that they like that they want to tell others about it and maybe discuss the product with others.

But what possesses a person to come to a forum for Apple products to post an endless litany of complaints when they can't stand Apple products, don't use Apple products, and proudly proclaim that they would never use an Apple product if it were the last device on earth? Seems to me that that borders dangerously close to a mental illness.
  • Reply 111 of 114
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,855member
    Quote:

... Please put my posts on your ignore list.

In combination with the rest of his posts, do we really need any more proof that this is tekstud back under yet another alias? "Please ignore me" is classic tekstud.
  • Reply 112 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

What part of "the judge ruled" do you not understand? The judge is the court. It's official. Maybe it's not the same court system as whatever planet you come from, but it's the court nonetheless.

Ask yourself WHAT the court ruled. Think hard about it.

Did they rule on the substance of the complaint? Or did they rule that they would not even consider the underlying substance of the case?

Then go back and read what I said. Maybe print it out and study it for a few days. Then if you still can't figure it out, shoot me an email and I'll explain to you what the court did, and why I said what I did.
  • Reply 113 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

In combination with the rest of his posts, do we really need any more proof that this is tekstud back under yet another alias? "Please ignore me" is classic tekstud.

This tekstud guy seems to be a legend around here. I am not he.

But I imagine that he is quite jealous of me, as I get all the credit and he gets none.

Will I eventually be as legendary around here as he is?

Is Slappy really tekstud? It ain't me, I promise you.
  • Reply 114 of 114
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I've also never disagreed that Motorola should never have started the legal action over that set of patents in the first place. It may not be illegal but it's certainly against the spirit of FRAND.

Yep, just like Apples suit against Samsung over the Tab looks, lame. So until Apple stops going after everyone with a pulse I am so happy that their are other companies out there willing to go after Apple. The more the marryier because one day soon Apple will loose big and maybe then they'll think twice about going after someone else over some lame patent.

I'm not a Apple hater just what they are doing in the legal world, very scummy of them.