White iPhone 4 News

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm setting up this thread in the hopes that all of us who insist on a White iPhone4 may more easily find the news about when and where they are - especially in regard to online sales and in store discoveries beginning next Thursday the 24th of June. I will be at the top of the queue at the downtown Palo Alto store next week to let you know if I score a White 32 or not. Please contribute anything you may find out about White here. One poster wrote that an Apple Store employee told him he would be able to buy a White one on launch day if he waited in the queue. But he failed to identify the store's location.

Update: He reported back to me:

The Apple store in the Annapolis, MD said they expected to have them - WHITE - launch day on a first come first serve basis.

Update 2: I called the Annapolis and Palo Alto Apple Stores and both employees said they have no idea what is up with White iPhone 4s.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Just found this post over at MacRumors.com:

White iPhone Availabe Mid-August

Quote:

Went by my local Best Buy and the phone sales guy said they'd recently received word that the white iPhones wouldn't be available until mid-August. The sales guy said he had to call several people who had pre-ordered under the assumption of getting the white one to deliver the bad news.

Wow! That's 2 months from now and considered LATE Summer. I'm shocked.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    blowabsblowabs Posts: 70member
    I think i would want a white...i have been trying out a white 3GS for a week.... i may like the white iP4...blows that it wont be ready. I think Apple didnt think that people would like them so much. Now that the phone is a full white phone it sorta looks cool. Yes, i am a man...but i dont have to go to business meetings, so i am safe. ;-]

Wish Jobs wpuld say you can have your choice on the 24th soon.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blowabs View Post

I think i would want a white...i have been trying out a white 3GS for a week.... i may like the white iP4...blows that it wont be ready. I think Apple didnt think that people would like them so much. Now that the phone is a full white phone it sorta looks cool. Yes, i am a man...but i dont have to go to business meetings, so i am safe. ;-]

Wish Jobs wpuld say you can have your choice on the 24th soon.

So if you are going to be in an Apple Store queue next week let us know in this thread if any white ones are available at what NYC store please. I will report from Palo Alto CA. \
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Just off the phone with my Radio Shack guy and he says he thinks he'll have a white 32 for me next Thursday. None of his attempts to order iPhone 4s online worked and he wound up making a paper list of who wants what. This pattern happened chain wide and so corporate is allocating phones to each store according to prior performance and he thinks that includes WHITE ones. They did have white 16 & 32 skus to order white ones yesterday. I'm wondering if Radio Shack didn't corner the market on white by ordering all Apple had to begin with. With 7,000 stores nationwide, their distribution system eclipses all the other outlets combined. A million units would be less than 150 per store which is about an hour's worth.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    What is queue?

I will let you know....i gotta return this white 3GS....they gave me a black 16g 3GS to replace my non working one. Then i can pre order, after i roll back my contract to a few days ago before i bought the 32g 3GS (one 'Genius' told me i can only buy a new one as an option!!;-[)

I will ask at the apple store what up with white....a guy preordered his iP4 on the App Ret. App!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blowabs View Post

What is queue?

The line. It's British for a line.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by satcomer View Post

Apple is failed Economics 101. With the past record selling of iPhones and now there botching the initial pre-order and having less than 10000 White models tells me that someone at Apple is getting yelled at by Steve Jobs, rightly so!

So now someone says there are 10,000 White units. That would be 40 per Apple Store. Will let you know how he got that number as soon as he replies to me.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Looks like I'm changing my order to a black one. I don't want something everyone's getting.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jane55 View Post

I really love the white one, and can't wait for getting one, but it has delayed.........

If you have time, waiting in an Apple Store queue may be a way to get White next week. But I'm only speculating there may be a small supply sent to each store.

I'll be starting the queue at the Palo Alto store at 10AM Tuesday morning.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

If you have time, waiting in an Apple Store queue may be a way to get White next week. But I'm only speculating there may be a small supply sent to each store.

I'll be starting the queue at the Palo Alto store at 10AM Tuesday morning.

I was told i could start calling to on Wed. to reserve an iP4 for any day past the 24th.

But, I dont think she was right, tho.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Only 3 weeks from now about the same time as all the current Black orders. Great News!
  • Reply 11 of 18
    This is outrageous. Steve says they begin shipping at the end of July but fails to say when the Apple Store will begin allowing us to order one. So we have to keep checking the Apple Store app every hour of every day between now and when to be among the first in the shipping queue? I am amazed not one of those journalists in the room asked that simple question.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

This is outrageous. Steve says they begin shipping at the end of July but fails to say when the Apple Store will begin allowing us to order one. So we have to keep checking the Apple Store app every hour of every day between now and when to be among the first in the shipping queue? I am amazed not one of those journalists in the room asked that simple question.

I feel your pain. I am still waiting and glad I did. When the white iPhone 4 comes out.

Maybe Steve and the apple crew will come clean that the first 3-5 million are defective and all of them should be replaced for free. Comsumer Report stated do not buy the iPhone 4 until this issue is corrected in the factor. Not free bumpers or tape? I had all 3 iphones and never had many if at all dropped calls. I also jailbroke all of them and never have a problem execpt sometimes I had to do a restore. My iphone g3s is great because it works and I have apple care until June 2011! Also I did my bid with 2 yr contract with at&t. I did upgrade to 4.0 firmware lost the jailbreak. That will happen down the road just a change, but I do miss the firewall app!

I am gateful I did not campout for weeks to get my new iPhone or wait in a five mile line. Also, my finacial advisor said donot invest in apple?

Well I will be gioing to check out the Sprint EVO WHITE 4G and have that in my area it down loads fast. I not going to the dark side I want someting that works! I have bumpers, tape on my car. Sorry for the spelling.

Mark
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Just off the phone with an Apple Rep who Said that White Pre-Orders Will Begin Tuesday July 27. He can't guarantee it, but he says he read that somewhere internally lately. Told him it was very annoying not to be able to place the order now rather than have to keep checking the store every hour to try and be among the first to place an order for one.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Just off the phone with an Apple Rep who Said that White Pre-Orders Will Begin Tuesday July 27. He can't guarantee it, but he says he read that somewhere internally lately. Told him it was very annoying not to be able to place the order now rather than have to keep checking the store every hour to try and be among the first to place an order for one.

I THINK I WILL RETURN MY IPHONE4 [i have 4 more days]. I will then just wait for the white to come out and use a $7 AT&T cheapie phone and my ipad to get by ......glad i subscribe/read this post!!1 Thx!
  • Reply 15 of 18
    All those stories about how long it takes to receive an iPhone 4 once you commit to an order evaporated for me in a day. Friday when Apple finally gave up on trying to ship a white iPhone any time soon, I phoned 2 nearby Apple stores to see about a reservation vs. 3 weeks waiting for a FedEx truck. The first said the reservation queue was 1-2 weeks. The second said it was 1-2 days. Less than 24 hours after placing reservations at both, the latter sent me an email Saturday morning before they even opened, telling me to come and get it.   That was FAST! 
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

All those stories about how long it takes to receive an iPhone 4 once you commit to an order evaporated for me in a day. Friday when Apple finally gave up on trying to ship a white iPhone any time soon, I phoned 2 nearby Apple stores to see about a reservation vs. 3 weeks waiting for a FedEx truck. The first said the reservation queue was 1-2 weeks. The second said it was 1-2 days. Less than 24 hours after placing reservations at both, the latter sent me an email Saturday morning before they even opened, telling me to come and get it.   That was FAST! 

On 07-24-10 I called B-BUY and asked them if they had waiting list for the white iPhone 4.

He said you cannot reserve any iPhone 4s. I asked him if he would call me if one comes in and I would tip him $100.00. He said no, but thanks. He thought I was Steve or Jony Ive.

Then I asked if he had black ones in stock. To my surprise he had 2-16 gb and 4-32 gb

black iPhone 4s. I almost run that mile to the store but I remember. I want a white iphone 4 32 gb and by that time the factor should have fixed the problem? Or I will start waiting in line for the new white iPhone 5!

Mark
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Hi I was told the white iPhone 4 has caused so many problems with manufactors. There will be a limited release. Because of Apple's world release coming this week. The white iPhone 4 will come out in December 2010. I hope this is a rumor.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    nehadnehad Posts: 1member
    A Engadget report claims a worker from Lens' quality control department has allegedly admitted that the company's screen-printing workshop is dealing with some issues with the white iPhone 4 covers.

ny townhouse