Michael Schumacher is a fool

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
God, nice way to ruin potentially great races for Trulli, Montoya, etc. Ass.

He doesn't know how to start from any position other than P1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Either that, or it is raining.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    So is my favorite North American in F1, Jacques Villeneuve. He didn't even start.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

Either that, or it is raining.

Schumi's actually very good in the rain, but when he's got a shit car, he still tries to drive it like he can't foul up. And on starts he expects people to back off for him.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Well, he does have one thing going for him, he is against the war.

But more on target: he ruined Montoya's race
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

... but when he's got a shit car, he still tries to drive it like he can't foul up. ...

It's been a while since Schumi had a crappy car. What did Ferrari do last year-- 15 for 17?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Yup, though they just don't seem to have their act together so far this year: I guess Schuey just isn't used to seeing cars ahead of him at the start.

Still, it's shaping up to be an interesting season rather than a redwash: looks like there should be three or four teams actually in contention at most races.

Jacques Villeneuve's making me laugh at the moment with his little playground spat: obviously someone's given Jenson Button precise instructions on how to wind him up, which he's applying in fine style: given that JV's contract is due up at the end of the season and Button's got another two years to run, JV's on the back foot, and Button's obviously out to gain the upper hand mentally. Apart from which, his driving's come alive again. Just a shame the tyres let him down at the end of the race.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    I did not know that so many AI-ers are into motor sports. I my self am a car fanatic (everyone i know asks me for car advise when purchasing, and at the New York Auto Show the questions make the rep's fumble) But personally i enjoy WRC anayone else here in the same boat?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

Well, he does have one thing going for him, he is against the war.

But more on target: he ruined Montoya's race

No kidding, JPM's the most talented racer in the field but Williams has its work cut out for them this season. I'm doing the Yahoo! Fantasy League and I picked the following team for Malayasia:

Driver A: Montoya

Driver B1: Trulli

Driver B2: Alonso

Team: Williams

If not for Schumacher, Trulli wouldn't have been speared off the road at the start and probably would have finished on the podium or at least higher than 5th. And Montoya would have probably made it onto the podium as he was faster than Ralf all weekend. I could have left Sepang with lots of points!

Renault looks very impressive this year as well.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I don't watch F1 much (because one-design sucks ), but I have to hand it to schumacher. He's the best out there, and I applaud his willingness to be an asshole in order to win. That is the goal. However sometimes he does take it a bit too far.

GT is just so much cooler, since the cars in the race are very close to models that I can actually own and drive on the road. Plus, rotaries can race. 8)