Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
WTF!

No details yet...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/12/ritter.obit/

A dissected aorta? So, it basically what...exploded?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Basically. If I remember a dissection is when the wall of the artery kind of splits in two layers. You get blood going between the layers and and then pop.

Normally I don't care about celebrity deaths. But it's sad to see him go. He can come and knock on my door anytime
  • Reply 3 of 23
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Basically. If I remember a dissection is when the wall of the artery kind of splits in two layers. You get blood going between the layers and and then pop.

Yeah, I just got the same explanation from my sister.

You know what's scary? Don Knotts is still alive.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    One of the truly good guys in television. He didn't have a big ego and if he did I never saw it. The same could be said for Johnny Cash.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue master

One of the truly good guys in television. He didn't have a big ego and if he did I never saw it. The same could be said for Johnny Cash.

Thanks for the thought about the lack of big ego. I always thought there was something strange about Ritter, and that's it. He wasn't a prick, he was a regular guy.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    john ritter is dead?!? but he was just on conan a couple months ago talking up the next season of his show. he seemed fine...

damn.

• Reply 7 of 23
    damn, i liked him and the show.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Kind of like losing a bit of my adolescent years with his passing.

I'm venturing to guess many of us here also grew up watching him "trying to get the girl" on Three's Company.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

Kind of like losing a bit of my adolescent years with his passing.

I'm venturing to guess many of us here also grew up watching him "trying to get the girl" on Three's Company.

yep, count me in on that. unfortunately, he got typecast badly as jack tripper, which made it difficult for him to get roles outside the slapstick comedic vein. i think broadway helped him a LOT in getting that air of legitimacy back in his acting career, and i have heard that his work on the movie "slingblade" was quite good, too. apparently, he was also the voice of "clifford the big red dog" on pbs. who knew?

"8 simple rules" looked like it had legs to it. this has got to crush the cast, similar to how and when phil hartman passed away while still working on "newsradio." must be terrible for all of them...
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Sad news.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

yep, count me in on that. unfortunately, he got typecast badly as jack tripper, which made it difficult for him to get roles outside the slapstick comedic vein. i think broadway helped him a LOT in getting that air of legitimacy back in his acting career, and i have heard that his work on the movie "slingblade" was quite good, too. apparently, he was also the voice of "clifford the big red dog" on pbs. who knew?

"8 simple rules" looked like it had legs to it. this has got to crush the cast, similar to how and when phil hartman passed away while still working on "newsradio." must be terrible for all of them...

I remember him in Hooperman. Really liked that show.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

He can come and knock on my door anytime

Is this a Freudian reference to his homosexuality . . . or not so unconsciouse!??!

I woulda never figured . . . .
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Is this a Freudian reference to his homosexuality . . . .

Serious? Never read that. I mean, you see the pic of his wife?
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by fantastic happy dinner man

Serious? Never read that. I mean, you see the pic of his wife?

Heck, yeah, Amy Yasbeck? She's very fine. I loved her on Wings and in Robin Hood Men In Tights.

From all accounts they had one of the best marriages in H'Wood, too. I saw a dual interview awhile back-they were hilarious together. I remember a guest spot on Cosby they did as well.

Was she in the Problem Child movies too?

Jeff
  • Reply 15 of 23
    They're dropping like flys. This is depressing.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Wow! That's a mighty big hole they'll have to dig for Clifford the Big Dead Dog.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

From all accounts they had one of the best marriages in H'Wood, too.

I just finished reading you'll never make love in this town again, the celebrity/prostitute tell-all and he features in a nine hour shag-a-thon with one of the prostitutes (though he didn't know that's what she did for a living) and afterwards went for a coffee with the girl and complained that his wife was upset after finding out about his mistress!

That was the 80s though, probably even a different wife.

The writer also echoed someones earlier comment that he was one of the nicest guys in hollywood.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

I just finished reading you'll never make love in this town again, the celebrity/prostitute tell-all and he features in a nine hour shag-a-thon with one of the prostitutes (though he didn't know that's what she did for a living) and afterwards went for a coffee with the girl and complained that his wife was upset after finding out about his mistress!

That was the 80s though, probably even a different wife.

The writer also echoed someones earlier comment that he was one of the nicest guys in hollywood.

That would probably still qualify as one of the best marriages in Hollywood though.

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 23
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

Oh, man I forgot all about that! One of the girls said she did George Harrison for free because "How often do you get to f*** a Beatle?"

8)

Jeff
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Oh, man I forgot all about that! One of the girls said she did George Harrison for free because "How often do you get to f*** a Beatle?"

8)

Actually she only blew him and he never even stopped played a banjo the whole time. This (and the fact that he never asked her name) seemed to irk the girl in question.

I thought it ironic that she was going on and on about how much the blowjob would normally cost if he was a customer without pausing to think how much George could charge for a private banjo session.