A Moby Christian?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got your attention with that did I?

Moby "Richard Melville Hall" and his views.

Here at appleoutsider the views expressed sometimes seem a bit on the polarized side. I thought I would introduce a third view to chew on for your reading pleasure.

I differ on some details with Moby but I think the guy is on to a few things.

BBC Interview

Moby Essay

Discuss

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

"Here lies Moby. He tried not to take himself too seriously but at times he did. He was a jerk who tried to be a nice guy."

Ha ha. I thought a little bit about that and it's really quite similar to how I think of myself sometmes. . . particularly the jerk part.

As for the non-denominational "Moby Christian" as you call it, I think a lot of generic Christian folk (myself included) fit into that category. I think a lot of Christians are quite distressed about the "religious right," particularly libertarian ones.

My signature has been there for a few months. . . Sort of a multi-entendre, but I think you can get the idea.

Though to get the record straight, I listen to heavy metal, like to eat meat whenever possible, and I love high performance cars: so I'm not about to put myself in the Moby boat (Pequod) just yet.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    and he's a founding member of this contest...

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

Moby wants Bush out in a bad way... and so do I.